Author Topic: Audax Oz Peter no Moore  (Read 988 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Audax Oz Peter no Moore
« on: 26 May, 2019, 06:41:05 pm »
Few here will know of Peter Moore but he was a luminary in Audax Oz. One of three brothers (enthusiastic bushwalking, marathoning and audaxing folk); all were and are blokes to relish meeting and to aspire to emulating in character and helpfulness. Peter was a six-time ancien du PBP and organised the first four Great Southern Randonnee 1200s, amongst a host of accomplishments. Peter and Jan hosted HK prior to her first GSR1200 and Peter will be sorely missed, both in this house and in the Audax Australia community.

https://www.audax.org.au/public/home/news/420-ride-in-peace-peter-moore
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Re: Audax Oz Peter no Moore
« Reply #1 on: 26 May, 2019, 07:59:04 pm »
Criss-crossed with Peter on 2003 PBP.... (and then again on a later LEL?). Didn't he own a bike shop? RIP Peter.
#makewattsnotwar

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 26 May, 2019, 08:34:55 pm »
Probably the most 'practical' bike shop in Oz. I found it more interesting than 99% of the bike shops I've visited.

https://www.bicyclingtrade.com.au/jobs/abbotsford-cycles-for-sale
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2019, 12:54:38 am »
My contracting frequently took me to Melbourne and I always included a visit to Abbotsford Cycles where Peter would introduce me to some bag, light, saddle etc that addressed a, till then, unrecognised need and would enhance my Audax career, he will be greatly missed

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2019, 11:19:04 am »
Just met him the once on a trip to family in Melbourne. But he went out of his way to help solve a saddle / saddle bag problem. Great service from a good guy.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!