Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1285192 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6925 on: 13 February, 2019, 03:02:58 pm »
The mass of 30cm of hair is trivial.

I won some Park Patches from biggsy over this matter...

« Reply #6926 on: 13 February, 2019, 04:28:50 pm »
I have lost 10lbs since 9 November despite Christmas and 10 days holiday so really pleased.  Another stone to go to target.  On a fasting day today and finished work early.  No distraction = large temptation.  I know that if I succumb then I will fall big time.

« Reply #6927 on: 13 February, 2019, 04:47:50 pm »
I had dinner and wine out last night so going to weigh myself tomorrow. Irrespective things seem to have stalled a bit despite having an overall calorie deficit last week of about 2500. I would at the very least expect to not go up and I've been feeling tired and my mood has suffered. Eating more carbs this week to bring my energy levels up.

In five weeks I think I've lost 3lb but it has fluctuated quite a bit so hard to tell.

« Reply #6928 on: 23 February, 2019, 08:18:56 am »
I have fallen into the pit of emotional eating this week - the last 5 days in the job have been trying to offload 3 years of market /product /supplier knowledge into notes for my assistant.
Monday I start at the new place, and there's nothing stressful about that, is there? :facepalm:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6929 on: 23 February, 2019, 04:23:30 pm »
My unofficial weight this morning was 111.5kg, down half a kg. That is so marginal as to be "noise". Any loss at tomorrow's offical weigh-in will be a bonus. I will be most surprised if I managed the 2lb needed for my 2.5 stone award.

Well, I was most agreeably surprised and I did lose the 2lb necessary!

Sine then, my 4 visits have yielded + 3.5lb, -3.5lb, +3.5lb, -3.5lb. So I have gained the 2½ stone award 3 times...  :facepalm:

The two weeks of increase have coincided firstly with the Yorkshire weekend and then with Phyllis's 100th birthday. I will miss next week's weigh-in because we are off to Spain for a week, but then my next weight-in on 8th March will no doubt show another increase. I suppose I should console myself in the knowledge that, over the past 5 weeks or so, my diet had allowed me to have two rather profligate weekends with no overall weight gain.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6930 on: 23 February, 2019, 07:24:55 pm »
5 weeks in Hong Kong eating everything I can't get in the UK, so my weight is 83 kg. Last year I read the Obesity Code, and am now firmly  behind the idea of the 2 compartment model of fat etc. Time to lose some weight

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #6931 on: 23 February, 2019, 07:56:57 pm »

Quite pleased with myself in the last year :D

Unfortunately this necessitates a change of jersey sizes! I've put an ad up in the classifieds asking for size L men's jerseys if you've any going spare

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=111178.0
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6932 on: 15 March, 2019, 07:19:15 pm »
Down 4.5lb on last week's Slimming World weigh-in. Now 17st 11.5lb.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6933 on: 16 March, 2019, 05:32:25 am »
I started Keto on 2 January.

Now 12kg down, without feeling hungry at all. I do 16:8 fasting during the week (I.e. no breakfast, eat between 14:00 and 21:00) because it is easy.

Just introducing a few cakes into the week now, but will be careful not to overdo it.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6934 on: 12 April, 2019, 08:41:13 pm »
Another 2lb off this week at the SW weigh-in. Now 17st 6lb according to their scales. That's a loss of 2st 13lb since October.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6935 on: 12 April, 2019, 08:54:24 pm »
Lovely to see this, Wow!

For myself, I've dropped out, really. I have no motivation and find weighing myself difficult. I suppose I really only need to ensure I don't gain much.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6936 on: 12 April, 2019, 11:49:04 pm »
Lovely to see this, Wow!

For myself, I've dropped out, really. I have no motivation and find weighing myself difficult. I suppose I really only need to ensure I don't gain much.

Thank you! I have to say that I haven't been following the SW diet. I've simply cut out at least 95% of the beer and bread I used to eat, and don't eat cake or sweet things, with the exception of muscovado sugar on my morning porridge. I allow myself a lot of fruit, so I do tend to graze a lot in the evening.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6937 on: 13 April, 2019, 12:23:55 am »
We don't do beer and probably have less than one slice of bread per day.

We like chocolate but have around 15g/day as well as similar quantities of biscuit.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6938 on: 13 April, 2019, 12:34:00 pm »
Phyllis always has a cupboard full of sweets and biscuits - she's still got a few left from her 100th birthday - and she often offers me something when I'm in there. Occasionally I succumb but half a dozen chocolate mints a week aren't going to make a lot of difference.

The one difference I have noticed is that when Dez & Alex buy all kinds of totally unsuitable foods (a large pecan flavoured cream-filled meringue roulade for example) I haven't been tempted. Normally such things have "called to me" fro the fridge or freezer. Ice cream has had similar properties. I'm hoping that I have broken that habit.

I broke the 17 stone barrier on our bathroom scales this morning. I set myself an interim target of 16 stones by the end of June, 13 stones by the end of the year. Suddenly the first fo those seems within reach. It's an incredibly motivating feeling.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6939 on: 13 April, 2019, 01:33:42 pm »
Amazing!

« Reply #6940 on: 13 April, 2019, 03:29:27 pm »
Wow, you are doing amazingly, that’s a hell of a loss.

I put on somewhere around 3 stone when pregnant (couldn’t really exercise much, it was a tricky pregnancy) but didn’t weigh myself often. I gave birth on 25th feb but no pressure and no weighing till 1st April. At that point I had 25lbs to lose to get back to my lowest weight in 2015. (I was probably at least 7lbs over that when I got pregnant)

Going ok so far and I’m pretty motivated, having no clothes I can fit in tends to do that ;) I’ve so far lost 3.8lbs over that 2 weeks, I’d like to keep up at least a lb a week.

Got back on the bike 3 days ago and been out each day, 16, 18, then 21 miles- it feels very hard work after so long off and so heavy!! Hopefully it will help with the weight loss though. I’m not allowed to run for a few more weeks.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6941 on: 13 April, 2019, 04:58:31 pm »
Lady C, it's good to read you gave yourself a few weeks without weighing since you had your baby.

Pregnancy and surgery take some time to heal and I think restricting food during recovery can impair healing and reduce muscle strength.

I'd still suggest you take things fairly easy. You seem to be building distances up quite well, which is great. I'd just suggest really good quality food for now really, and not getting too wound up about your weight. Once little H gets mobile, you'll be strong enough to withstand an energy deficit while chasing a little monster! I've known women get pretty thin chasing toddlers!

You'll be fine!

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #6942 on: 13 April, 2019, 05:53:29 pm »
Bizarrely, for about the last twelve weeks, every weekly weigh in has been exactly 68.8 kg by my scales, always weighed first thing in the morning, naked, after having a pee.

Very strange.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6943 on: 19 April, 2019, 09:24:19 pm »
1½lb lost this week. That's my 3 stone award: 3st ½lb lost since October.

« Reply #6944 on: 24 April, 2019, 07:59:35 pm »
Four pounds up this week  :o
(It was a very good long weekend)
I'm not going to hit my target by the end of the month, am I?
However, considering that I'm not yet back to my usual exercise regime following my op earlier in the year, and the weekend was very silly from a food point of view, I'm not going to panic.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #6945 on: 28 April, 2019, 09:21:52 am »
Went gluten free at the start of feb for health reasons.  As well as not being ill, I have a nice Weight loss side effect which has taken me from 74kg to 68kg.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6946 on: 28 April, 2019, 10:04:47 am »
Our week in Scotland has resulted in me smuggling surplus lard south of the border. Hopefully most of it will have gone by my weigh-in on Friday.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6947 on: 16 May, 2019, 03:57:17 pm »
I have just been standing on our bathroom scales. I'm hoping to register another loss when I go to SW tomorrow.

The point of this post is that I noticed an interesting phenomenon. If I stand stock still on the scales, the needle does not stay perfectly still: it wiggles slightly in time with the beating of my heart.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6948 on: 16 May, 2019, 04:36:49 pm »
I'm surprised you've only just noticed this!
Doesn't happen with digital scales, obv!

Stepped onto scales a few nights ago, clad & shod - 65.8kg.

I certainly stand more steadily in my shoes!

Weight is more than I'd like but not too huge.

« Reply #6949 on: 16 May, 2019, 07:12:39 pm »
I've just finished a 9 day liver detox. No Alcohol, Cafeine, dairy (although natural yoghurt was allowed), sugar and min processed foods. I can't remember the last time I was this light. It wasn't too difficult either. I have reintroduced my morning coffee and will enjoy the occasional Pint of beer again.