Author Topic: go on, laugh at me  (Read 2226 times)

go on, laugh at me
« on: 14 October, 2009, 10:54:12 am »
Ok. I've had a mild chest pain for 3 days. I know damn well it must be trapped wind or something like that. But my paranoid hyperchondriac brain whispers "You're getting chest pains on the left side of your chest. You know what that means."

<i>Marmite slave</i>

Julian

• samoture
Re: go on, laugh at me
« Reply #1 on: 14 October, 2009, 11:04:31 am »
Go to the doctor's. 

Then they can laugh at you.   :P

« Reply #2 on: 14 October, 2009, 11:07:05 am »
NHS direct says I have indigestion.

I know I get indigestion and chronic heartburn.

That doesn't stop the little voice whispering away. I think the voice wants me to be ill. I shall call it . . . Geoffrey.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 14 October, 2009, 11:19:01 am »
Well, NHS Direct generally send anyone with the slightest headache to A&E, so you're probably just fine*. :P

Take care of yourself, and let us know when the wind passes.  Well, just before it does, if you wouldn't mind, so we can all be clear. ;D

* I am no more an expert doctor than anyone on NHSD ;)
Getting there...

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #4 on: 14 October, 2009, 11:21:59 am »
Get it checked out ,it doesnt cost anything and it may well save your life .And if your getting constant indegestion that could be an inication of all sorts of digestion problems.

« Reply #5 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:16:54 pm »
Get it checked out ,it doesnt cost anything and it may well save your life .And if your getting constant indegestion that could be an inication of all sorts of digestion problems.

Oi!
Stop being serious, you are supposed to laugh at me.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #6 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:35:54 pm »
Been there.  A week or so before Christmas about seven years ago.  Several days of worry.  Went to doc's and he said 'indigestion'. 

But, they did arrange for an ECG to be done, just to make sure.  (They can do them at our surgery)

Result: one piece of paper saying I don't have a heart problem and a much more relaxed Christmas that year.

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #7 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:38:25 pm »

Oi!

Haa Haa

« Reply #8 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:51:05 pm »
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #9 on: 14 October, 2009, 12:56:49 pm »
I feel better now.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #10 on: 14 October, 2009, 02:22:50 pm »

Oi!

Nah, it's much more fun to laugh at NHSD with its silly algorithms and tick-box approach till things go titsup.
Get checked out by a real human doctor. You know it makes sense.

« Reply #11 on: 19 October, 2009, 10:34:51 pm »
 :( Chest pains aint funny and shouldn't be laughed at. I had had chest pains March 2008, thought I had a chest infection. In the July I was in the cardiac ward having angioplasty and stents fitted.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #12 on: 19 October, 2009, 10:38:17 pm »
A few years ago I had chest pains some time after climbing Bread & Cheese Hill with fully laden bike. I went to A & E and spent several hours being tested for stuff. Verdict: pulled intercostal muscle due to heaving too hard on bars.

As I was leaving, the nurse said to me "I thought you looked far too healthy to be having heart problems."

Which is a very reassuring thing to be told.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

fruitcake

• some kind of fruitcake
« Reply #13 on: 19 October, 2009, 10:44:38 pm »
pulled intercostal muscle due to heaving too hard on bars.

I know a few people who had problems after spending too long propping up bars.  Some of them ended up heaving.  

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #14 on: 20 October, 2009, 08:16:37 pm »
A few years ago I had chest pains some time after climbing Bread & Cheese Hill with fully laden bike. I went to A & E and spent several hours being tested for stuff. Verdict: pulled intercostal muscle due to heaving too hard on bars.

As I was leaving, the nurse said to me "I thought you looked far too healthy to be having heart problems."

Which is a very reassuring thing to be told.

I used to pull muscles in my chest all the time, making breathing painful for up to two weeks afterwards (once I sneezed in my sleep and it felt like being ripped apart).  It took 10 years for me to isolate the cause, which was driving round corners too fast  :o  Now I clench my stomach muscles like an F1 driver and have been rip-free ever since.

Actually, this should be in the Max Power sub-board of Vroom...
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.