Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1624539 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #4575 on: 03 March, 2014, 09:24:13 pm »
Bring on the cranberry juice. Bah!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Ruth

« Reply #4576 on: 03 March, 2014, 09:28:03 pm »
Sympathies, Mrs P.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #4577 on: 09 March, 2014, 03:09:53 pm »
Bloody snot again, for 4th time in 4 weeks.  Too dizzy to ride on bike in lovely weather.  Feel like crap and it's making me nauseated this time.  Tea and ribena both taste wrong, tea is making me feel sick. I am struggling to find something I can drink in quantity cos I'm fussy enough at the best of times.  Food tastes wrong too.   

Bring on all the drugs and nasal sprays.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4578 on: 09 March, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »
Get Well Soon, barakta!

« Reply #4579 on: 10 March, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »
Sainsburys: I tried your sweet chilli hummus for a change & didn't like it. When I looked at the label & saw it contained sugar, I knew why! WTF?! I expect the 'sweet' bit to come from the chillis not added in extra.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4580 on: 10 March, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »
My phone is pulling a steady ~300mA but the battery isn't getting any more charged.

« Reply #4581 on: 10 March, 2014, 04:01:35 pm »
Bloody snot again, for 4th time in 4 weeks.  Too dizzy to ride on bike in lovely weather.  Feel like crap and it's making me nauseated this time.  Tea and ribena both taste wrong, tea is making me feel sick. I am struggling to find something I can drink in quantity cos I'm fussy enough at the best of times.  Food tastes wrong too.   

Ginger tea!
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Ruth

« Reply #4582 on: 10 March, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »
Bloody hell.  Ear infection.  Feel rubbish.  Slept all day and it was sunny.   :(

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #4583 on: 10 March, 2014, 07:03:28 pm »
Feel better soon :)

I've got a sore ear, but I'm pretty sure it's from clenching  :facepalm:

« Reply #4584 on: 10 March, 2014, 09:30:44 pm »
Just checked the list of Simon's Friday Night Rides,   I can't do any of them before June  :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #4585 on: 10 March, 2014, 11:59:37 pm »
Have been eating ginger biscuits as I can't quite face the tea (I did used to down dried ginger in water when balance was chronically awful which helped nausea more than any pharmaceuticals did, which wasn't saying much).  Seems magically much better today when I have to go to work after losing all weekend. Better not resurge tomorrow as my colleague and I have to meet a scary dept and she'll KILL me if I am not in cos she's shy.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4586 on: 11 March, 2014, 12:28:31 am »
My phone is pulling a steady ~300mA but the battery isn't getting any more charged.

Mysteriously, after a few hours doing this from the bench power supply, the current started to tail off.  And it had gone from one red bar to two proper ones.  I then moved it to my usual charging source, which is a powered USB hub on the computer, where it continued until achieving the full 4 bars, and stopped.  I've left it playing mp3s for a while, and it seems to be genuine charge.

I've tested the lead for intermittentness, and it's not that.  Maybe the couple of cold reboots I tried first made a difference.  Or it's gremlins.  But most likely it was ordering a replacement battery that persuaded it to make a miraculous recovery.   ???

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4587 on: 12 March, 2014, 09:45:11 pm »
Mrs Cudzo, unlike her husband, is a real person with a real job in a real office doing real things with real colleagues and getting real money. This real office contains many real lights, one of which is really right above her real desk. She asked for it be turned off because it was glaring on her real monitor and the real reflections were making it hard to really see what was there, meaning she might gather unreal data which wasn't really there and give real quotes which weren't really real. So someone responsible for such things turned it off - but on Monday it was on again. She asked the someone and was told they had to get permission from head office (in Hertfordshire, lightbulbyears away) to turn off lights.  :facepalm:  :o
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #4588 on: 12 March, 2014, 09:53:42 pm »
I would have got up on the chair (deliberately to piss off H&S) and unscrewed the bulb/tube.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #4589 on: 12 March, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »
This week, I've been doing some self development, teaching myself restraint, mainly because otherwise I would be beating one of my family members repeatedly round the head with the frying pan of spang.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4590 on: 13 March, 2014, 08:01:22 am »
ME! If you are going to plant your size 10s in a pile of dog eggs, make sure you aren't wearing DMs when you do it.

Oh and then don't wipe it all over the pedals in the car!  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4591 on: 13 March, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »
Electricity North West - The power has been off for over an hour. I reported it using yur stupid automated voice system half an hour ago. Why are you not even registering a fault when I check on the website?

I've got panniers to pack and a front mech to fettle, neither of these are easy to do with just a head torch. More importantly, I was just about to start cooking dinner when the lights went out. Get it sorted!
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4592 on: 13 March, 2014, 08:59:16 pm »
Electricity North West - The power has been off for over an hour. I reported it using yur stupid automated voice system half an hour ago. Why are you not even registering a fault when I check on the website?

CMS inaccessible due to a power cut.   ;D

« Reply #4593 on: 14 March, 2014, 03:03:49 pm »
This may move to the rant thread...

Elder children's school' Head of Geography: A) tell me in your message which of my two children you are referring to. B) tell me the name of the country you are talking about. C) worst of all, wtf are you doing asking children to watch a Top Gear special programme to gain insights into a country, I assume Burma. If that is the only source, then you haven't heard the last of this...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4594 on: 14 March, 2014, 04:29:31 pm »
That is ridiculous. At best.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #4595 on: 14 March, 2014, 05:25:10 pm »
Based on what I watched on Sunday the programme showed the economic and social conditions in Burma and how they were planning for development in the future through the creation of a new city despite the poor conditions that still exist for many people. Other students produced spider diagrams of how a variety of issues that they discovered by watching the programme.
What a load of bollocks!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4596 on: 14 March, 2014, 07:51:58 pm »
To be fair, the programme did touch on those issues (though its credibility as a source is otherwise non-existent).  Big mysteriously empty good-quality roads in a country full of congested dirt tracks being of natural interest to wanky car enthusiasts.  I also don't doubt that letting the class watch Top Gear makes for an easy class-control win.

Appropriate?  Bollocks.

« Reply #4597 on: 14 March, 2014, 08:03:04 pm »
I should qualify my post by saying that watching TG was a homework task. Nevertheless, its educational value is dubious at best. I know that Burma has been a closed shop for decades, but there has to be something better out there.

« Reply #4598 on: 16 March, 2014, 10:58:14 am »
Multi-faceted grumble, this one.

There are roadworks in the street - I'm not whinging about that, they're replacing the pipes and IDGAF if it makes it harder for drivers to hit 35 mph in a 20 zone.

But the barriers have been put up so carelessly that they keep falling over, especially when it's windy. Then they block the pavement and road to the point where the bus can't get past.

But my main grumble is at the miserable sod of a bus driver - I was walking to the shop and saw him getting out to shift the barriers, so I stopped to give him a hand and clear a path.

Grumpy old bastard didn't even say thank you ::-) It's probably part of the training, along with waiting until the cyclist's alongside you before pulling out, and refusing to give change for a fiver.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
« Reply #4599 on: 16 March, 2014, 01:24:37 pm »
Dear Mrs Marco, turning up at Stowmarket RFC for U20 selection duties would have been fine , apart from the fact that they are all at Sudbury RFC. As is your 'VIP buffet luncheon' which began 20 minutes ago, when you rang to ask directions; at least you should get there for the start of the match.

And you needed to ask directions, didn't you, because your TomTom (bought as a present for this very use) is here on the shelf. And there is no map in the car.

:facepalm:  and   ::-) , but still  :-*