Author Topic: Wouter Weylandt  (Read 11169 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Wouter Weylandt
« Reply #50 on: 11 May, 2011, 03:23:15 pm »
Me too.  I knew Craig got through it, but still I was anxious about the outome as JV told it.
Getting there...

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #51 on: 11 May, 2011, 03:26:07 pm »
To complete that story, Craig Lewis was in the HTC squad that won the Giro's TTT this year.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #52 on: 12 May, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »
Leopard-Trek have set up a fund to help his family, girlfriend and unborn child.

Stomach Of Anger are making a ltd edition shirt to raise funds for it: 108 :: StomachOfAnger

And, unsurprisingly, the number 108 is to be retired from the Giro.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #53 on: 13 May, 2011, 07:41:05 am »
+1 for the T shirt.

« Reply #54 on: 13 May, 2011, 08:19:27 am »
Must say I was surprised* at the BBC Breakfast sports commentator's reference to a 'Belgian cyclist' who died on the Giro, and who then went on to adulate Cavendish at length.

He might have at least mentioned his name. 

*no, in truth I am not, I have low expectations of BBC Breakfast and other such stuff.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #55 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:25:33 am »
I want to wear a black armband on tomorrow's audax but I'm not sure what to make one out of. I might cut the top off a black sock.

tiermat

« Reply #56 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:26:07 am »
I want to wear a black armband on tomorrow's audax but I'm not sure what to make one out of. I might cut the top off a black sock.

Use what half the peloton are using, black electrical tape :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #57 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:28:09 am »
Must say I was surprised* at the BBC Breakfast sports commentator's reference to a 'Belgian cyclist' who died on the Giro, and who then went on to adulate Cavendish at length.

I emailed 5 Live to complain about their paltry half a sentence about Weylandt's death in their sports report, while most of the report was taken up by the result of a largely insignificant football match (and I say that as a fan of the team that won the match in question).

They ignored me.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #58 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:36:26 am »

Use what half the peloton are using, black electrical tape :)

Ahhh thanks, that I can do!
I can add one to my LS jersey for riding the overnight section too.

tiermat

« Reply #59 on: 13 May, 2011, 11:39:05 am »
The other half of the peloton are wearing black ribbons, which might be an idea.

Please remember though, if you go for an armband, it should be on the LEFT arm.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #60 on: 13 May, 2011, 12:45:40 pm »
I think the practice of using black insulating tape is well, tacky. You see it often in football, by the end of the game it's peeled off and dangling. After the Rhyl CC tragedy a few years ago I cut a loop out of the sleeve of a black t-shirt, maybe it's still in the back of the drawer...

Oh, and why the left arm?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #61 on: 13 May, 2011, 12:57:13 pm »
Right arm means you're gay. Probably.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

tiermat

« Reply #62 on: 13 May, 2011, 01:05:51 pm »
Probably something in DeBrett's or the like as to why, but I have always been told that they should be worn on the left.

The usual online sources are no help :)

« Reply #63 on: 14 May, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »

« Reply #64 on: 14 May, 2011, 08:56:08 pm »

The day after Casartelli died, I rode to work with a black swatch, cut from a very cool Jazz FM T-shirt (in the days when Jazz FM was cool and played jazz), pinned on my arm.
The journey is always more important than the destination

« Reply #65 on: 26 May, 2011, 06:03:25 pm »
I was checking out Jens Voigts's performance in the Tour of California, he crashed out, but he wrote a vey good blog on Wouter.
The Crashes | Hardly Serious with Jens Voigt | Bicycling.com