Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:00:42 am »
Televators ~ The Mars Volta
Another four smaller suppliers are expected to go bust imminently as they can't afford to supply gas at the prices customers have paid.  It really is a shitshow.  I blame Thatcher.  Tell Sid he's a grifting capitalist bastard.

I'm hoping that one the candidates is AVRO after our experience with them . . .  it seems that reviews are now almost all 1star with dire customer service and potential illegal witholding of funds to be returned etc (the older reviews looked as if they cam from the same hand . . . ? AVRO themsleves?)

We're with AVRO, so that'd be good...  ;) 

No issues for 2+yrs, so far.  Have seen this...

On the 19th August 2021, Ofgem requested information from Avro Energy. They failed to comply with this request and so Ofgem issued a Provisional Order on the 14th September which compelled them to provide this information immediately.

There has been no public response from Avro Energy so far and this request from Ofgem alone does not mean they are going bust.

It is estimated that Avro has ~600,000 electricity customers, so if they were to go bust this would be one of the biggest suppliers to go out of business in recent years.
https://www.energy-review.co.uk/guides/which-energy-suppliers-are-going-bust/
« Last post by Karla on Today at 12:00:17 am »
Telephone - Lady Gaga
Grow Your Own / Re: What to do with our front garden?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Yesterday at 11:49:01 pm »
I had a friend/acquaintance/idol once who was one of the best qualified beekeepers ever. She kept beehives in her back garden and grew gooseberries in her front garden.

In deepest, darkest Thorpe bay.
« Last post by spesh on Yesterday at 11:00:50 pm »
Flaming June - BT
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: Fettled any computer stuff today?
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 10:56:04 pm »
All the FLACs are now on a SSD rather than an aged Ubuntu spinning rust laden box. It's quiet now  :)
The Knowledge / Re: Shoes for toeclips?
« Last post by canny colin on Yesterday at 10:51:42 pm »
Dhb Dorica from Chain reaction cycles . Might be worth a look .
Grow Your Own / Re: What to do with our front garden?
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 10:48:40 pm »
We have Bayleaf. We don't have lion that mistakes a hosepipe for a snake thobut.
No, really, Mega-Global Fruit Corporation of Cupertino, USAnia, there isn’t actually any very good reason to restart Chrome post-update on this fondleslab in such a way that it forgets which tabs it had open, thereby forcing me to try to remember them.  From memory.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10