Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 881477 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4850 on: 13 September, 2021, 01:13:25 pm »
Robert Jenrick, no stranger to these hallowed pages, says that more mayors will solve the inequality problems the country faces.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4851 on: 13 September, 2021, 01:32:43 pm »
We’ve only the boss’s word that he didn’t know

The then-International Development Secretary Piggi Patel claimed that Bloody Stupid Johnson knew all about the meetings beforehand but AIUI changed he story when the latter denied it.  Tess of the d'Underheads apparently found out about it from the media, and was Not Amused.  It a sane world such behaviour would see the perp not only hounded out of office but deselected by their constituency party and chased up a tree which is then set on fire but the Tories have not so much rewritten the rule book as cast it aside with great force.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4852 on: 13 September, 2021, 02:24:26 pm »
Texas

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58516155

FREEZE PEACH!!!!11!!11eleventy-one!!111!!1111!111!

Isn't it funny how those defenders of private business insist privately-owned businesses should allow any old idiot to post any old crap on privately-owned social media platforms, as the rights of the owners of said social media platforms don't actually stretch to being allowed to stop any old idiot posting any old crap on their privately-owned platforms?

America - Land of the Stupid.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4853 on: 13 September, 2021, 02:48:06 pm »
Don't worry, where the wingnuts of USAnia lead BRITAIN will likely follow.  So-called “Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport” Oliver Dowden has been sticking his oar in lately with a bunch of storm-inna-teacup twattery about “woke culture” and the alleged “controversy” about The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust changing its name to The Churchill Fellowship.  This, apparently, constitutes “airbrush[ing] Sir Winston Churchill from its public profile”, as if:
  • It happened yesterday rather than two years ago, and
  • the “Churchill” part of the new name now refers to the town in Canada with the polar BEARS, the East London estate agents or cinema's famous Siggi Churchill*
Oliver Dowden: Super-Twat.

* Did the møøse costumes for “Monty Python And The Holy Grail”

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #4854 on: 13 September, 2021, 09:57:08 pm »
Texas

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58516155

Well, I imagine Facebook, Youtube and Twitter won't work in Texas any more come December.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4855 on: 14 September, 2021, 09:42:49 am »
Julia Hate-Spewer, having a pop at Chris Whitty.

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #4856 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:04:47 am »
"Julia Hartley-Brewer, with her degree in PPE, explains to Chris Witty, with his BA, DsC and Msc in physiology, epidemiology and medicine, that he doesn't understand vaccines and medicine."
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Regulator

« Reply #4857 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:26:06 am »
Jezebel Oakeshitt: "Hold my beer..."

Green Party Councillor

ian

« Reply #4858 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:39:01 am »
She sounds like she needs some drugs.

« Reply #4859 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:41:52 am »
Because, of course, she's a well-known epidemiologist. 

Rust never sleeps

« Reply #4860 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:43:15 am »
Jezebel Oakeshitt: "Hold my beer..."

That is so uninformed on so many levels. Who the fuck gives her air time ?  (And yes, I understand the principals of Twitface, that is more a rhetorical question, or even perhaps, "Who pays her any attention ?")
Rust never sleeps

ian

« Reply #4861 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:55:32 am »
There are some genuine (and nuanced) questions about the value of COVID vaccination in the younger age groups – however, I don't think either of those two individuals are interested in that.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4862 on: 14 September, 2021, 11:02:42 am »

Yeah, the JCVI twice advised that.  But now they have changed their minds.  Once, people thought the earth was flat.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4863 on: 14 September, 2021, 11:10:49 am »
There are some genuine (and nuanced) questions about the value of COVID vaccination in the younger age groups – however, I don't think either of those two individuals are interested in that.
will those be the ones that have been exercising the minds of Mr Whitty and the COVID committee and have caused them to not quite agree on the issue in the last month or two? One assumes that if they are now agreeing, they have reached political and medical positions that are sufficiently aligned for a recommendation to be forthcoming.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4864 on: 14 September, 2021, 11:52:11 am »
Collective ST award goes to...

Lawyers for Liberty

Head teachers have been threatened with legal action if they take an active part in England's pupil Covid-vaccination programme starting next week.

Lawyers for Liberty and a "group of concerned parents" warned school staff could be held liable for any jab-related death or injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-58556614
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

ian

« Reply #4865 on: 14 September, 2021, 12:19:58 pm »
will those be the ones that have been exercising the minds of Mr Whitty and the COVID committee and have caused them to not quite agree on the issue in the last month or two? One assumes that if they are now agreeing, they have reached political and medical positions that are sufficiently aligned for a recommendation to be forthcoming.

Well, they might have agreed to disagree, but that's the consensus they've agreed. I think it's fine to debate that, no medical intervention is purely binary, there are pros and cons.

Of course, those two individuals are supremely unconcerned with that, it's just the usual cheap point-scoring with their credulous followers on social media.

Regulator

« Reply #4866 on: 14 September, 2021, 12:35:11 pm »
Collective ST award goes to...

Lawyers for Liberty

Head teachers have been threatened with legal action if they take an active part in England's pupil Covid-vaccination programme starting next week.

Lawyers for Liberty and a "group of concerned parents" warned school staff could be held liable for any jab-related death or injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-58556614

'Lawyers for Liberty'...  a opaque pressure group which is lacks any basic transparency or accountability.  It has no relationship with the (transparent and accountable) group, Liberty.

Appears to be little more than a bunch of crowd-funding ambulance chasers.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4867 on: 14 September, 2021, 12:48:05 pm »
That is so uninformed on so many levels. Who the fuck gives her air time ?  (And yes, I understand the principals of Twitface, that is more a rhetorical question, or even perhaps, "Who pays her any attention ?")

1. The usual suspects - Question Time, Gammon Broadcasting, LBC, etc.
b. Gammon.

« Reply #4868 on: 14 September, 2021, 01:15:58 pm »

You missed off lefties hatequoting them, which is just as rich a source of oxygen.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #4869 on: 14 September, 2021, 01:40:03 pm »

You missed off lefties hatequoting them, which is just as rich a source of oxygen.

Exactly.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4871 on: 14 September, 2021, 11:17:07 pm »
Mr. Loophole again.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1489342/new-eu-driving-law-speed-limiter-tools-warning-exclusive
There are an awful lot of qualified statements in that article and the additionally linked articles it mostly seems to be written with the primary intention of winding up gammons.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4872 on: 15 September, 2021, 12:35:55 am »
Be fair, it is in the Daily Express.
It is simpler than it looks.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4873 on: 15 September, 2021, 12:42:35 am »
Be fair, it is in the Daily Brexpress.

FTFY :demon:

« Reply #4874 on: 15 September, 2021, 07:20:14 am »
Twobthings come to mind:

1:  a speed limit is a maximum and not a designated speed, and

2:  the faster you go the longer it takes to stop and the less time you have to take avoiding action.

Seems to me that driving within the speed limit and the capabilities of both car and driver would be a far better and safer approach.  Problem is, almost every driver thinks that they are infallible and overly talented but also that every other driver is a talentless, incompetent fool.  It's easy for me to make this observation as a non-driver.