Author Topic: Spending the end of the year in the mountains  (Read 5234 times)

Spending the end of the year in the mountains
« on: 03 January, 2020, 09:33:59 am »
So wanted to get away for the end of 2019 and a few mouths ago I found a little gem of a place called Eigiau cottage which is a bit like a Bothy but you pay £11 per person and you get the bonus of knowing you will get it to yourself and the added bonus of fuel,gas, beds and limited lighting. So having booked it I was really lucky to a absolute corker of a 1st day as the sun was beaming. As I headed up I had some fantastic views and was soon at the cottage where I unloaded my stuff and headed back out. I found a old quarry and had a look around there before heading back down to the river and having a quick swim which was very, very cold. But soon warmed up by the fire and chilled with a few beers. Sadly the mist came in and stayed so the next day the weather was overcast but added a bit more of drama to the area. Eigiau has a bit of a dark past as in November 1925 the damm burst and massive flood of water headed down to the town of Dolgarrog where 16 people sadly lost there lifes. You can see where the damm wall burst and it offers a sad reminder of the terrible disaster. But the place is still amazing as is surrounded by the beautiful mountain range of the Carneddau. I  headed down New years eve and back home to bring in the new year with my wife. Happy new year all and here is a short video of my adventure

https://youtu.be/kKeeTrGElPY

https://youtu.be/kKeeTrGElPY

Re: Spending the end of the year in the mountains
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2020, 11:35:26 am »
Nice find - looks like a lovely little spot!

« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2020, 12:10:08 pm »
Nice find - looks like a lovely little spot!

Thanks it was a great place and I will be going back

« Reply #3 on: 03 January, 2020, 02:24:18 pm »
Thanks for sharing.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4 on: 29 January, 2020, 06:03:22 pm »
Looks really lovely.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.