Author Topic: Experiences of Teh Plague  (Read 85141 times)

Re: Experiences of Teh Plague
« Reply #425 on: 05 May, 2022, 02:04:56 pm »
and now Hay fever will start to cloud the picture as well!

« Reply #426 on: 05 May, 2022, 02:31:38 pm »
Started like a cold.  Very quickly legs ached, total apathy in that I could not even read a book, night sweats and day chills, total loss of appetite so I ate almost nothing for 3 days.  I think it was day 3 that the very very sore throat developed, by day 4 I was down to just a dry cough keeping me awake and I had fully recovered appetite and urge to be active.

It was like a cold but with selected amplified flu parts which made it quite unpleasant.  Of course each of us reacts a little differently.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #427 on: 05 May, 2022, 03:28:32 pm »
Cripes I hope I'm not testing positive for 13 days! We're supposed to be going to see Bill Bailey next Monday (hmmm)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #428 on: 05 May, 2022, 04:44:41 pm »
Klaus came back from a business trip to Vienna and tested positive very faintly. We tested again with another brand of self test and was also very faint. So we went to the official testing station that does the antigen tests and his came back as negative, but we are not convinced. He has now had a PCR test and is in the spare bed feeling very coldy.

It’s his 55th birthday on Wednesday so we have been cancelling all our plans (weekend trike tour, posh meal, friends coming over) for the next week. Of course, I booked the week off for annual leave so that will be my quarantine!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #429 on: 05 May, 2022, 05:51:35 pm »
I thought I'd read what the rules are for me as partner of a Coronavirus patient as they have changed today in Nordrhein-Westfalen.

I downloaded their information sheet, and this is the first paragraph:

Auf Grund von § 32 in Verbindung mit § 28 Absatz 1, § 28a Absatz 3 bis 8, § 73 Absatz 1a Nummer 6 und 24 des Infektionsschutzgesetzes vom 20. Juli 2000 (BGBl. I S. 1045), von de- nen § 28 Absatz 1 zuletzt durch Artikel 1 Nummer 2 des Gesetzes vom 22. November 2021 (BGBl. I S. 4906) geändert, § 28a Absatz 3 zuletzt durch Artikel 12 Nummer 0 des Gesetzes vom 10. September 2021 (BGBl. I S. 4147) geändert, § 28a Absatz 4 bis 6 durch Artikel 1 Nummer 17 des Gesetzes vom 18. November 2020 (BGBl. I S. 2397) eingefügt, Absatz 7 zu- letzt durch Artikel 1 Nummer 5 Buchstabe a des Gesetzes vom 18. März 2022 (BGBl. I S. 466) neu gefasst, § 32 durch Artikel 1 Nummer 4 des Gesetzes vom 22. April 2021 (BGBl. I S. 802) neu gefasst, § 73 Absatz 1a Nummer 6 zuletzt durch Artikel 1 Nummer 26 des Geset- zes vom 19. Mai 2020 (BGBl. I S. 1018) geändert und § 73 Absatz 1a Nummer 24 zuletzt durch Artikel 1 Nummer 9 Buchstabe a Doppelbuchstabe bb des Gesetzes vom 10. Dezember 2021 (BGBl. I S. 5162) geändert worden sind, sowie von § 7 der COVID-19-Schutzmaßnah- men-Ausnahmenverordnung vom 8. Mai 2021 (BAnz AT 08.05.2021 V1), der durch Artikel 20a Nummer 3 und 7 des Gesetzes vom 22. November 2021 (BGBl. I S. 4906) geändert wor- den ist, und § 13 des Infektionsschutz- und Befugnisgesetzes vom 14. April 2020 (GV. NRW. S. 218b), der durch Artikel 1 Nummer 6 des Gesetzes vom 25. März 2021 (GV. NRW. S. 312) geändert worden ist, verordnet das Ministerium für Arbeit, Gesundheit und Soziales:

...so I have some light reading to do.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
« Reply #430 on: 05 May, 2022, 06:54:57 pm »
That reads almost like a descriptive textual expansion of something originally expressed in notation form.  For example, why "Nummer 5 Buchstabe a" and not 5.a?  I must admit to liking COVID-19-Schutzmaßnahmen-Ausnahmenverordnung, though.
The present is a foreign country: they do things differently here.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #431 on: 05 May, 2022, 08:06:58 pm »
It’s just the preamble about the laws/rules and revisions thereof. But it’s not exactly friendly-seeming!

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #432 on: 07 May, 2022, 05:53:27 pm »
I feel alright today (well, I've felt well enough to be painting and whatnot for the past couple of days but less sneezing and coughing today) so hopefully I get a negative test tomorrow so I can go see Bill Bailey and the kitchen fitting can recommence.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #433 on: 07 May, 2022, 08:51:48 pm »
Fingers crossed,  Mrs P.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #434 on: 08 May, 2022, 05:46:27 am »
My chappie is still hiding in the spare room on the sofa bed. He feels like he has a really bad cold with headache but isn’t coughing too much. He is eating normally which is good. It’s his 55th birthday on Wednesday and his daughter’s 18th on Thursday so we are really hoping he tests negative by then…

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #435 on: 08 May, 2022, 03:05:31 pm »
Still a big fat positive line for me and now Pingu is feeling ropey.

« Reply #436 on: 08 May, 2022, 04:21:30 pm »
 Hopefully you test negative soon.

I have finally tested negative on day 9 and been let out of isolation.  All symptoms gone and feeling less tired each day.  Managed to cut both the lawns and do some weeding in the sun today.

Elsewhere,  JellyLegs Jnr tested positive on day 3 and negative again from day 6 just in time to complete his speaking component for GCSE German.  Mrs JellyLegs has tested negative throughout.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #437 on: 11 May, 2022, 07:00:53 am »
Pissflaps, still testing positive so I have to cancel my hairdresser appt again.
Oh course if I were just going by the letter of the new rules I am after day 5 so fine to go, but given that I still have tests and they are positive I don't think that would be the right thing to do...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #438 on: 11 May, 2022, 11:25:37 am »
My chap is still testing positive after six days. In Germany he is allowed to leave quarantine at 10 days even if testing positive.

I have been in the same flat with him for six days but my tests are all negative still. I had a PCR test yesterday so should get the result of that today, we'll see what that shows.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #439 on: 15 May, 2022, 05:35:47 pm »
I finally tested negative today, 11 days after the 1st positive. Just need to wait for Pingu to follow suit now...

« Reply #440 on: 16 May, 2022, 05:49:05 am »
I'll do a test when I get up.

I started with a sore throat yesterday morning, which progressed to a 'wet' cough, and by the evening I was completely whacked.
Before the sore throat I'd had a bit of diarrhea, but put that down to too much sun on Saturday.

I've slept fitfully due to the cough, and feeling like poo. Occasional co-codamol tablets seem to help.

We had both escaped it so far, but I suppose it was inevitable. Thankfully Mrs M is progressing well after her knee replacement a couple of weeks ago.

Edit
Test positive
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #441 on: 16 May, 2022, 12:48:58 pm »
Quelle surprise!
Get well soon!

Is Mrs M eligible for antivirals?

« Reply #442 on: 16 May, 2022, 04:01:19 pm »
Quelle surprise!
Get well soon!

Is Mrs M eligible for antivirals?
Thank you & not sure, it's something that needs investigating (she did have a 4th vaccination, so maybe)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #443 on: 16 May, 2022, 04:05:12 pm »
Seems likely. The antivirals worked very nicely for HK when she was otherwise heading for a stay in a big white building.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #444 on: 16 May, 2022, 04:12:07 pm »
Digging deep into the various websites I found this : https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2021/12/C1603-interim-ccp-antivirals-or-neutralising-monoclonal-antibodies-non-hospitalised-patients-with-covid19-v5.pdf
MGUS is specifically excluded, and there's no mention of cardiac diseases.
So - no.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #445 on: 16 May, 2022, 05:28:43 pm »
I think a positive LFT, entered onto the NHS website, spurs cogs of the NHS machine into action.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #446 on: 16 May, 2022, 08:11:48 pm »
May be worth phoning 119 and seeing what they say.

« Reply #447 on: 17 May, 2022, 07:35:19 am »
May be worth phoning 119 and seeing what they say.
I'll get her to do that when she starts feeling unwell / tests positive - to date she has not shown any symptoms.

It seems not uncommon for a household to have people with / without it at the same time.
In the past I've been much more likely to come down with a cold but Mrs M to remain hale & hearty. It's a girl thing (maybe!)

« Reply #448 on: 17 May, 2022, 08:13:19 am »
In the hatler household Mrs h has succumbed at least twice, and Little Miss h three times. I have remained apparently immune throughout.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #449 on: 17 May, 2022, 10:37:51 am »
it finally got me.  Felt dreadful for about 3 days, temperature all over the place, really tired, cracking headache, felt really sick.  Tested negative on day 7 and felt much better by about day 14.  Still short of breath on the bike though, and occasional knackeredness. 

longest term affect seems to be my driving which is **awful**, it's like a constant brain fog - hopefully that'll clear!