Author Topic: How do you use your 1900 wide screen?  (Read 759 times)

How do you use your 1900 wide screen?
« on: 27 August, 2021, 07:40:50 pm »
I've just swapped out my venerable 1024 wide Eizo's for a pair of these (£10 less without the stand, and they've sent me stands, too) which are 1080p 1920 x 1080 and - while I love the monitor colour, quality and narrow bezel, I'm really not certain about the width and format.

I can see that it doubles the real estate from the 1024 days, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to organise that display area with multiple windows, except for the Windows tiling which is sub optimal. I do want two monitors, as it works far better with (a) Video calling/screen sharing (b) photo management and editing (c) dual purposing the middle monitor between home and work.

Let a browser or App take over full screen and except for video, it's all the wrong size. How do you manage yours? Is there a screen handling program that can be incorporated into the Windows shell? Anything I'm missing?

Re: How do you use your 1900 wide screen?
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2021, 08:04:44 pm »
You could try Microsoft Powertoys. It has a facility to manage screen splitting.
Clever enough to know I'm not clever enough.

Re: How do you use your 1900 wide screen?
« Reply #2 on: 27 August, 2021, 08:46:04 pm »
Displayfusion adds a lot of features for window management and moving stuff between screens etc. https://www.displayfusion.com/