Author Topic: Friday Night Ride to the Coast Bristol to Barry Island 17th September 2021  (Read 1426 times)

Hi Everyone, first post here, hope ok.

The 2020 ride to Barry Island was blessed with clear skies, warm temperatures, and a tailwind. Unfortunately we were all stuck inside due to you know what...

The 2021 edition has all the details at https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/bristol-to-barry-island-17-septembe

We depart Bristol city centre at midnight sharp, ride over several bridges, stop for food about halfway, and will be breakfasting at the excellent Whitmore & Jackson in Barry. The halfway stop will either be Magor services or Sea Wall tearoom, depending on numbers and the cafe owner's inclination.

70ish miles at a convivial pace and only a couple of climbs.

I'll recce the route this weekend and post back with any updates.

Re: Friday Night Ride to the Coast Bristol to Barry Island 17th September 2021
« Reply #1 on: 09 September, 2021, 11:51:20 am »
Route checked and good to go. We'll stop at Magor Services and breakfast at Whitmore & Jackson. If you're thinking of joining, please don't delay as I need to confirm numbers for breakfast.

« Reply #2 on: 09 September, 2021, 10:38:17 pm »
I really want to do this one but it'll have to wait 'til next year 'cos I'm on holiday next week.
Hope it all goes well ransos  :thumbsup:

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2021, 11:22:45 pm »
Hi Steve. Hopefully next year for me too. Did have a day off booked, but DJ Shadow gig in Brighton the same night (if my ticket turns up...). Have you seen this?
https://road.cc/content/news/cardiff-bay-barrage-closed-4-days-due-music-festival-286257

« Reply #4 on: 13 September, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »
We have a new route through Cardiff.  :facepalm:

The ride registration will close on Wednesday.