Author Topic: SMART LUNAR R2 USB RIP  (Read 862 times)

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
SMART LUNAR R2 USB RIP
« on: 09 November, 2021, 12:17:24 am »
Sadly my trusty rear light made a bid for freedom and went under the wheels of a cab tonight  :(

What I liked about this model was the simple clip onto the back of a saddlebag / seat wedgy, the nice bright steady single beam which lasted all night and the Arooga Arooga!! flashy dual lens mode for busy roads.

Can anyone recommend a suitable USB replacement? Smart's offering seems to be the Trail 80 which only comes with frame mounts so not sure if it's suitable

Re: SMART LUNAR R2 USB RIP
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2021, 02:20:02 am »
Planet X have these for £4. https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPXFLASHRED/planet-x-beat-3w-160-lumen-rear-bike-light
Has a clip, with a rubber strap. So can attach it to a bag, or seatpost etc. It is pretty bright, either flashing or steady.

GdS

Re: SMART LUNAR R2 USB RIP
« Reply #2 on: 09 November, 2021, 10:53:27 am »
not really the type of fixing I need.

Looks like CatEye to the rescue!  :thumbsup: their Viz range fits onto a spare clip I have

GdS

Cateye Viz was SMART LUNAR R2 USB RIP
« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2021, 11:01:54 pm »
I received the Viz300 from Wiggle and I can confirm that it is SERIOUSLY (as in observers of the original atom bomb tests seeing the bones in their hands) bright

I returned it in favour of the Viz100 which has a group ride mode of a still VERY bright pulsating centre beam and 2 side flashy LEDs, it's still going 9 hours after a full charge  :thumbsup: