Author Topic: Google Maps / My Maps problem  (Read 701 times)

Google Maps / My Maps problem
« on: 15 February, 2022, 05:12:26 pm »
Some time ago I started creating my map of local cafes and tearooms to assist me in planning rides. I've periodically added more pushpins to my map and currently have about 70, all identified by location name.

Recently, when I've opened Google Maps and loaded my map, it loads fine and all the pushpins are visible and identifiable.

However, when I click on 'Open in My Maps' with the intention of adding more locations it loads a new page which is just an empty white page. I tried waiting for several minutes in case it was slow in loading but the page remained blank.

I'm running Windows 10 on my PC which is up to date, as is my Chrome browser. I am also logged into my correct Google account. My internet connection is also working perfectly.

I'm reluctant to create the entire map again unless there's no option, but that will be my last resort.

Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated.

I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Google Maps / My Maps problem
« Reply #1 on: 15 February, 2022, 10:39:59 pm »
Try it in Firefox.  I've noticed some mappy things (eg. https://opensensemap.org/ and the Strava route planner) don't work in Chromium for reasons I haven't yet been arsed to investigate.

Re: Google Maps / My Maps problem
« Reply #2 on: 15 February, 2022, 11:46:50 pm »
Many thanks for that suggestion Kim. Loaded up in Firefox and it worked a treat  :thumbsup:
I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.