Author Topic: Fascinated by water  (Read 3589 times)

Fascinated by water
« on: 18 April, 2008, 08:26:00 am »
Our cat has developed a liking for playing with water from a running tap lately:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jmVnRGq_Lvc&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jmVnRGq_Lvc&rel=1</a>

A little odd, but cute.

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
Re: Fascinated by water
« Reply #1 on: 18 April, 2008, 08:37:47 am »
Our cat has always had a fascination for water and insists on only drinking from a running tap  ::-)

As a kitten she nearly died when she fell into a bath of hot water.
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2008, 10:32:23 am »
Cute! Milo occasionally has a bat at a running tap, but nothing as dedicated as that.

Bertie jumped into a hot bath as a kitten, too. He was unharmed but smelled pleasantly of lavender for some time after. Milo didn't have his first bath experience until quite recently. Moron.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2008, 01:42:46 pm »
We used to have a Turkish Van, he loved getting wet. Strangely enough he came from a family of strays who lived at a local swimming pool.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:21:42 am »
One of our cats often sits on the side of the bath when one is in it and frequently gets her paws in up to the elbow fishing for toes.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #5 on: 23 April, 2008, 10:23:00 pm »
All cats I've ever known have been fascinated by running water, I suspect for the same reason that they like chasing a bit of string, although running water normally turns out to be somewhat more difficult to catch!

Talisker used to be rather nervous of the bath, but that was probably because we had to bathe him once (after he got covered in grease), which involved baby shampoo, gardening gloves, locking us in the bathroom with him, and several cuts and scratches on me!  After that he wasn't half as keen to go anywhere near the bathroom.  Odd that! ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

simonali

« Reply #6 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:53:11 pm »
Wet pussy doesn't seem to be a terribly original title on youtoob!

« Reply #7 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:03:38 pm »
Wet pussy doesn't seem to be a terribly original title on youtoob!
No, but hopefully it ruined the day of a few sados. ;D

AC
'Accumulating kilometres in the roughest road conditions'...

« Reply #8 on: 01 May, 2008, 10:51:17 am »
Before Mrs Pcolbeck was Mrs Pcolbeck she shared a flat with her friend and her friends large ginger tom. The Tom had a habit of walking round the edge of the bath when the ladies were taking a bath. One day when the future Mrs Pcolbeck was lounging in the suds said Tom slipped and fell in. Queue an explosion of wet fir, claws, water and lacerated female flesh as all three tried to exit the bath as quickly as possible.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

fuzzy

« Reply #9 on: 07 May, 2008, 03:20:19 pm »
Before Mrs Pcolbeck was Mrs Pcolbeck she shared a flat with her friend and her friends large ginger tom. The Tom had a habit of walking round the edge of the bath when the ladies were taking a bath. One day when the future Mrs Pcolbeck was lounging in the suds said Tom slipped and fell in. Queue an explosion of wet fir, claws, water and lacerated female flesh as all three tried to exit the bath as quickly as possible.

I count The Tom and the to be Mrs Pcolbeck. That makes 2. Who or what was the third trying to escape?

« Reply #10 on: 07 May, 2008, 03:31:39 pm »

I count The Tom and the to be Mrs Pcolbeck. That makes 2. Who or what was the third trying to escape?

I've highlighted some words that could account for three.  Whether I'm right or wrong I don't know.

« Reply #11 on: 07 May, 2008, 06:45:11 pm »
I wondered about that at the time as well, but decided it was best not to question...
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #12 on: 08 May, 2008, 04:17:58 pm »
Sorry to spoil the mental image but it was just my typing (perhaps a Freudian slip :) ) in that it should have read "as both tried to exit the bath".
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

fuzzy

« Reply #13 on: 08 May, 2008, 04:39:27 pm »
Ah- all is now crystal ;D