Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1717912 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #16625 on: 25 August, 2021, 05:38:12 pm »
Sorry - something has come up at work so no chance again this week. :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #16626 on: 25 August, 2021, 05:51:00 pm »
I may test the team car out... it's been over a week since I ventured out other than to the krankenhaus

Please don't bring anything in a jar of vinegar  :sick:  I'll provide the pickles.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16627 on: 25 August, 2021, 11:52:45 pm »
Deffo need to add Queens Head, Boreham to the list!

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #16628 on: 26 August, 2021, 12:11:23 am »
Agreed

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #16629 on: 26 August, 2021, 05:54:17 pm »
A very good one for the very cold months being on a major bus route, therefore gritted roads including that heading north from Boreham to Gt Leighs. I have never drunk inside the pub (yet), but looking towards a few top up pints before the beer festival finishes.

Nice people and beer as well, friendly attitude to cyclists and bike parking - what more can we ask for... (prices aren't excessive, unlike my Tuesday night stop at the Generals Arms, top of North Hill, £5.00 a pint and only one ale).

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16630 on: 27 August, 2021, 07:27:35 am »
A very good one for the very cold months being on a major bus route, therefore gritted roads including that heading north from Boreham to Gt Leighs. I have never drunk inside the pub (yet), but looking towards a few top up pints before the beer festival finishes.

Nice people and beer as well, friendly attitude to cyclists and bike parking - what more can we ask for... (prices aren't excessive, unlike my Tuesday night stop at the Generals Arms, top of North Hill, £5.00 a pint and only one ale).

Excellent observation re:gritted roads - my homeward-bound route was all on what would be treated roads, with the exception of the short spur of Wheeler's Hill, from the Essex Regiment Way RBT, provided I take the slightly longer way to Howe Street through Gt Waltham.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16631 on: 29 August, 2021, 05:46:23 pm »
Oh no!  Hurrell's Lane no longer features in the list of top Essex dogging spots!

« Reply #16632 on: 29 August, 2021, 09:39:12 pm »
Oh, excellent.  You can start from Leaden Roding.  Might try to fit this in before the end of the season.

I'm starting from Norton Heath if you fancy company? :thumbsup:

It might be September before I can have a go.   I have a couple of busy weeks coming provided I recover from the off I had last week Ok.

Not sure when I'll fit it in but if it spills over into September, then I'll let you know!

My arm managed a decent chunk of riding last week but I wouldn't call it comfortable.   I'm not going to do anything long between now and the 1000 in the hope that that goes OK.   Sep 11th or 19th might work or I might do a mid-week trip as I seem to have some spare leave.

Nice. I can't do the 19th but the 11th might be okay. Keep me posted. You'll need to like unfit people with bad feet that ride very slowly. :thumbsup:

« Reply #16633 on: 30 August, 2021, 12:49:16 am »
Oh no!  Hurrell's Lane no longer features in the list of top Essex dogging spots!

There's a glamorous sounding location from your list closer to home, though...

"The bushes and trees by the disused toilet on the Chelmsford end of Witham."

« Reply #16634 on: 30 August, 2021, 12:50:50 am »

There's a glamorous sounding location from your list closer to home, though...

"The bushes and trees by the disused toilet on the Chelmsford end of Witham."

Haha - I noticed that one, too.  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16635 on: 30 August, 2021, 07:20:04 am »
Yes I'm pleased 5hitham is still flying the flag.  The location mentioned has been notorious for years.  There used to be some public loos there but they were demolished as the building was a focus for nefarious activity.

felstedrider

« Reply #16636 on: 30 August, 2021, 09:35:32 am »
Oh, excellent.  You can start from Leaden Roding.  Might try to fit this in before the end of the season.

It might be September before I can have a go.   I have a couple of busy weeks coming provided I recover from the off I had last week Ok.

Not sure when I'll fit it in but if it spills over into September, then I'll let you know!

My arm managed a decent chunk of riding last week but I wouldn't call it comfortable.   I'm not going to do anything long between now and the 1000 in the hope that that goes OK.   Sep 11th or 19th might work or I might do a mid-week trip as I seem to have some spare leave.

Nice. I can't do the 19th but the 11th might be okay. Keep me posted. You'll need to like unfit people with bad feet that ride very slowly. :thumbsup:

You might have to wait a while.  I’ll be out of action longer than expected.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #16637 on: 31 August, 2021, 07:35:15 pm »
Any thoughts/requests for this weeks venue?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16638 on: 31 August, 2021, 07:40:02 pm »
Any thoughts/requests for this weeks venue?

I'm away for the next fortnight, have fun people.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #16639 on: 31 August, 2021, 08:20:55 pm »
The Alma again would work from my point of view.

Or is there anything around Marks Tay like The Cricketers CO3 9TG that is a common venue?

(I realise this is a long way for the western folk. Sorry.)

Edit: I've just realised The Cricketers is further east from Mark's Tay than I realised. Ignore that then!
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Oscar's dad

« Reply #16640 on: 31 August, 2021, 08:22:33 pm »
tippers messaged me over the weekend to say the Live and Let Live now has colourful garden sheds to sit in.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #16641 on: 31 August, 2021, 08:25:35 pm »
The Live & Let Live works for me.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #16642 on: 31 August, 2021, 08:28:36 pm »
I’m around this week, but I’d be happy with a western splinter group if other folk are thinking an eastern venue is preferred.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #16643 on: 31 August, 2021, 10:15:29 pm »
I’m not around this week so can’t join a Western Splinter!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16644 on: 31 August, 2021, 10:24:12 pm »
I've still not ridden a bike yet so not sure if I'll be a wheel. Might have a walk down the OT if there's interest
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #16645 on: 31 August, 2021, 11:14:12 pm »

You might have to wait a while.  I’ll be out of action longer than expected.

Ah, sorry to hear that and I hope you get well soon.

« Reply #16646 on: 01 September, 2021, 10:10:39 am »
I've still not ridden a bike yet so not sure if I'll be a wheel. Might have a walk down the OT if there's interest

OT sounds good.  I could see if that pint I ordered with their on-line app back in July is ready yet ;D
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #16647 on: 01 September, 2021, 10:26:53 am »
I'll not be out awheel this evening.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #16648 on: 01 September, 2021, 10:54:49 am »
I will be at the L&LL provided I can remember how to ride a bicycle.

Still aiming for 8pm ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #16649 on: 01 September, 2021, 11:23:08 am »
I'll be heading for the OT. 8pm?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43