Author Topic: Hawk 1 Me 0  (Read 1374 times)

Hawk 1 Me 0
« on: 08 June, 2008, 07:59:33 pm »
This afternoon as I was trundling along a lane happy in the knowledge it was all downhill to home I was a bit surprised when a large shadow appeared beside me on the road. "It's only a hawk" says I unfortunately failing to realise that the only way a hawk casts a shadow that large is when it is pretty close to the ground (and my head).

It vanished just as quickly and I thought nothing more off it until 30 seconds later something crashed into the top of my head - the bloody thing had attacked me! Quick as a shot I was off my bike and ready for the fight. Although I had a definite size and weight advantage my opponents ability to fly made retaliation a little tricky.

I also failed to notice a family of three on bikes who had just turned the corner to be confronted by the sight of me standing by the roadside gesticulating and swearing up at the sky. There was a mild look of panic when I turned to say hello and I'm sure their pace noticably quickened to escape this scary man.

I don't appear to be injured at all despite wearing nothing on my head. I can only assume the endless wind, rain and occasional sun I subject my head to has turned the skin to a texture not dissimilar to a well worn Brooks.
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Hawk 1 Me 0
« Reply #1 on: 08 June, 2008, 11:16:34 pm »
Where did this attack take place?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2008, 12:51:57 am »
You weren't anywhere near Holsworthy were you?

yes, I know it's a 2004 link, but it was still at it this time last year

« Reply #3 on: 09 June, 2008, 08:37:31 am »
Where did this attack take place?

It happened here about 10 miles south of Edinburgh. This is the route of NCN1 and the North Sea Cycle Route so there's plenty passing cyclists to practise on. It's also only about 1 mile from the route of LEL so it's maybe just perfecting its technique for next year :P
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs