Author Topic: BT Broadband Woe  (Read 2837 times)

BT Broadband Woe
« on: 01 April, 2008, 05:19:31 pm »
Been with BT for a few years now and until about a month back it was a very reliable service.  Then, nothing changed for over 2 years here, it started dropping at regular intervals.  Speed has dropped significantly, especially at weekends and evenings.

BT are being wholly unhelpful.

I'd like to switch and I can as the contract ends in a few weeks, but is it going to achieve anything other than the important saving money bit?   Isn't the infrastructure for say O2 (cheap deal as I already have a contract mobile with them) the BT infrastructure?  Or is it?  Obviously the line from the exchange is BT, but is the kit in the exchange BT?

Anybody know?

Lonewolff

Re: BT Broadband Woe
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2008, 05:27:52 pm »
Anyone offering an 'unbundled' service will be using BT copper to the exchange then have their own kit in the exchange. This is (I think) what 02 do. People selling standard broadband (not unbundled) will just be reselling the BT IPstream product.

« Reply #2 on: 01 April, 2008, 07:36:10 pm »
AHA!  According to that Rugby is an 02 / Be unbundled exchange.   

Is that good then?

Lonewolff

« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2008, 07:45:16 pm »
Thats means if you sign up with 02 then you will not be using BT kit in the exchange so if you are having issues with BT that may be the way to go if you want to get away from using them.

« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2008, 08:05:08 pm »
Thats means if you sign up with 02 then you will not be using BT kit in the exchange so if you are having issues with BT that may be the way to go if you want to get away from using them.

That's cool man.  BT are a r PITA!  >:(