Author Topic: Watching googleplay movies on a PC.  (Read 435 times)

Watching googleplay movies on a PC.
« on: 25 March, 2013, 03:48:53 pm »
Sorry, more android stuff...

Bought a movie (war horse) and downloaded it to nexus 7. Plays great.
(BTW, seems to download only in 'realtime' - may be connected to my main question)

Watch it on a laptop?
Well, no, I can't. Go to googleplay and it knows I own a copy of the film, so I can watch it by streaming it. So I do, across my virgin media thing, with a LAN cable up the laptops porthole.

Gives me a very choppy video and after a short while it just gives up, goes all old-style tv detuned looking and tells me an error has occurred. Does the same through the wireless connection.

Q1: Is this likely to be an upload issue at planet Google or a download issue on the virgin planet?
Q2: should I really be transferring my movie download to the laptop? If so, how? Its not really in a recognisable form, as far as I can see...

Re: Watching googleplay movies on a PC.
« Reply #1 on: 25 March, 2013, 04:02:34 pm »
on the Nexus 7, you can pin movies to the device i.e. download them to watch offline.

As far as playing them on a PC, I think the only way is to do as you already have by logging in to your google play account & then you can watch it.

Re: Watching googleplay movies on a PC.
« Reply #2 on: 25 March, 2013, 04:37:31 pm »
Its told me the adobe flash plugin has crashed, now.

Oh, and I've found some wvm files buried in the nexus that play on the PC in windows media player when copied, but then only shows the start up credits and stops, while the clock rolls on...

And oh again...
The three magnoliettes are clustered around the 7 inch screen and opting for it being even smaller so they can see 'all' the picture rather than the zoomed version you get on full screen. Seems a bit of a joke to create a pseudo cinema screen size that doesn't actually follow the favoured aspect rules. Maybe its a widescreen film, but its not helping my aging noggin come to terms with the limitations of the promised land of modren meeja!