Poll

As subject

Internet Explorer
27 (7.5%)
Firefox/Mozilla (or Netscape for laggards)
166 (46.1%)
Safari
46 (12.8%)
Something else
30 (8.3%)
Google Chrome
91 (25.3%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: What browser do you most use to access the forum?  (Read 189383 times)

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: What browser do you most use to access the forum?
« Reply #125 on: 07 August, 2015, 01:59:59 pm »
Confusingly, there's a version of Adblock called Adblock Edge - now discontinued, apparently.

The browser I'm still most using is Pale Moon, though I'm not happy that it doesn't support all Firefox addons.  (It's based on Firefox, with the old look).
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #126 on: 22 December, 2015, 05:31:21 pm »
Firefox cos I use mac, linux, and Windows so I want to sync bookmarks. Chrome does that, but last time I tried it completely killed my MacBook. It's also very heavy in a virtual machine.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #127 on: 29 January, 2016, 08:39:58 am »
I hsve been forced to switch to Safari on the fondleslab because the most recent update to Chrome has rendered it unusable for reading the forum.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #128 on: 05 February, 2016, 07:32:34 pm »
Currently Chrome,  although firefox is still an attractive option.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #129 on: 19 February, 2016, 11:59:17 am »
Back on Chrome on the fondleslab, though the latest update's penchant for "Aw, snap" errors on sites which used to work perfectly well may yet see me retreating to Dolphin or Opera Mini again.  FFS, Google, if it ain't broke....
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #130 on: 12 February, 2018, 09:48:51 am »
On my own time, Safari, mostly iOS, but occasionally iMac. While at the clever factory (no, I don't know why I'm allowed here either) mostly Edge, but when that doesn't want to cooperate, IE11
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #131 on: 14 September, 2018, 03:19:30 pm »
I use Vivaldi.  It is chrome based and was created by the original authors of Opera which I used to use until it got simplified by the current owners.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #132 on: 14 September, 2018, 04:17:06 pm »
Opera, the ad blocker was decent until the ad providers started detecting it :-(

« Reply #133 on: 15 September, 2018, 08:08:09 am »
I use Vivaldi.  It is chrome based and was created by the original authors of Opera which I used to use until it got simplified by the current owners.

Thanks for that, I hadn't heard of it's existence

The browser is aimed at staunch technologists, heavy Internet users, and previous Opera web browser users disgruntled by Opera's transition from the Presto layout engine to the Blink layout engine, which removed many popular features

That's me.

« Reply #134 on: 31 March, 2020, 11:27:43 am »
I wondered if the forum stats are actually correct; they show almost no IE use at all.

IE is really pretty crap (pigeons would be quicker) and even the EDGE is not that much better.
I am using Google Chrome and have been doing so for some y years but have recently changed from Windows 7 onto Windows 10 with an SSD upgrade on my hard wired PC.
The SSD (Solid State Drive) was money well spent at my local Computer Fix.
Your ears are your rear-end defenders,keep them free of clutter and possibly live longer.

« Reply #135 on: 01 April, 2020, 01:14:54 pm »
I wondered if the forum stats are actually correct; they show almost no IE use at all.

IE is really pretty crap (pigeons would be quicker) and even the EDGE is not that much better.
I am using Google Chrome and have been doing so for some y years but have recently changed from Windows 7 onto Windows 10 with an SSD upgrade on my hard wired PC.
The SSD (Solid State Drive) was money well spent at my local Computer Fix.

Old thread so likely not the same now.

« Reply #136 on: 10 May, 2020, 10:40:13 am »
Just switched to Brave on Win 10 and iOS.

chopstick

• aka "freiston" in other places
« Reply #137 on: 22 November, 2022, 09:40:33 pm »
Wow, this is an old thread.  About the time it was started, I switched from Windows (probably using IE - can't remember) to Linux.  I currently use Firefox as my main browser and Chromium as a secondary browser.  I've recently installed Brave and use that quite a bit too - usually when Firefox isn't playing well with some websites (or vice versa) - I think I prefer it to Chromium.  I sometimes have a go with others but end up not using them (currently I have Midori installed too).

« Reply #138 on: 23 November, 2022, 07:51:31 am »
Thread necrophilia.
Ive been using Tapatalk for years, putting up with the adverts for the sake of convenience.
On the rare occasions I need a browser for the forum (thread starting or searching for example) it's Chrome on a Chromebook
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

sam

« Reply #139 on: 14 February, 2024, 04:19:44 pm »
Firefox when on my laptop; DuckDuckGo on the desktop; Safari on the phone. Since I'm on the laptop most often, I voted accordingly.

« Reply #140 on: 11 March, 2024, 07:34:11 am »
I primarily use Google Chrome to access the forum.