Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 123156 times)

Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #375 on: 13 July, 2021, 12:32:34 pm »
Ive had a rash of mobile calls (none answered) from numbers similar to mine
If my number is 07123456789 I'm getting them from 07123457890 & 07123455678 etc
I assume it's a new tactic, but it's not working with me
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #376 on: 13 July, 2021, 12:37:11 pm »
It is a relatively recent tactic. The ones I have had recently have been "This is a call for the National Insurance Number"  ;D

I just switch to keypad and give them a load of numbers (but not 1 or 0 or #)
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #377 on: 13 July, 2021, 01:49:58 pm »
So many identically worded texts about voicemail or parcels with a not-even-trying-to-fake-it weblink. Trivial for the providers to filter.

« Reply #378 on: 13 July, 2021, 08:00:29 pm »

Ive had a rash of mobile calls (none answered) from numbers similar to mine
If my number is 07123456789 I'm getting them from 07123457890 & 07123455678 etc
I assume it's a new tactic, but it's not working with me
Yes, I've had that too. I no longer answer my landline now, as the calls are invariably scam ones.
I can put up with speaking to a human scam voice, but not being interrupted by the automated ones. >:(

« Reply #379 on: 13 July, 2021, 08:18:43 pm »
Openreach phoned me today. About my internet speed.
Very surprised to hear from them, particularly in the light of this thread.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #380 on: 13 July, 2021, 10:12:46 pm »
Click here for free Lidl vouchers (on two occasions), and a reward voucher form some no-name company (never heard of them before). Oh, and one from EE, about illegal activity on my account (guess what? I'm not with them).

« Reply #381 on: 20 July, 2021, 08:18:54 pm »
I have been getting messages like this fairly regularly of late:

Hi Steve,
We haven't communicated before. I'm looking for your help with this if possible. I could really do with reaching your head of accounts receivable.  They can contact me directly regarding this if they think they need to.

Please be aware that customers who are not paying their bills within a timescale beyond what is deemed 'late' could be sent to us for prompt collection, bringing much-needed cash back into your business. We have a highly trained team who have experience in collecting debts and use varying strategies based on each of our client's specific situations.

We take care of the debts, while still being representative of your brand and what that stands for at XXX1.

If you would like to explore our services and how we might be able to assist you please get in contact with me directly by using my contact details below. You can expect the utmost confidentiality.
Kind regards,

[1] The real name of the company where I work. Thing is, it's a FTSE 100 company. I'm working in a very, very small office (comparatively) of a small section of one of the three groups which make up the company. Also, I have nothing whatsoever to do with the financial side of the company and never have. I assume the data is being scraped from LinkedIn
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #382 on: 21 July, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
I've just checked my spam folder, and of all the dross, one caught my eye:

Subject: Fwd: Note ffrom Fred Spiksley

The body of the email is mostly a dodgy link which I am invited to follow.

Ffrom Fred Spiksley, you say? Fred Spiksley was an international footballer, football coach, adulterer, gambler, POW escapee and actor who came from the same small Lincolnshire town where I was born and brought up. But if anyone though his name could tempt me to follow the link, I know enough about his life that he died at Goodwood Racecourse in 1948 (clutching a winning ticket).

So for all his undoubted talents I doubt that he has managed to email me from beyond the grave. And whoever sent it couldn't spell 'ffrom', but the got 'Spiksley' right.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #383 on: 31 July, 2021, 08:41:20 am »

I'm Dr. Torgny Lebenberg contacting you in regards to a claim connecting you to my late client. Please get back to me for further details.

Awaiting your swift response.

Dr. Torgny lebenberg
Lebenberg Advokatbyrå Ab.
Attorney at Law; LL.M.; Partner
Address: Grev Turegatan 44, 114 38
Stockholm, Sweden.

I'm fairly sure Swedish Lawyers aren't attorneys at law.
I can't remember the last time one of these got through the filters, it was quite a novel experience.

« Reply #384 on: 31 July, 2021, 11:49:24 am »
Today's Spam folder included a new information email from my ISP about the new spam filter.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

« Reply #385 on: 01 August, 2021, 12:21:26 pm »
Here's a new one!
email from someone who has "done some work on a neighbour's roof and has accidentally damaged some of my tiles. When would it be convenient to come round to fix them?"
1) I'm not aware of any neighbours having had roofing work done.
2) I don't think any of my neighbours know my email address
I'm guessing this is a 'we'll go on your roof, mess about for a bit' and ".... oh dear! Did you know about this major problem? No worries we can fix it for ££££"
I've replied "Which neighbour? I'll go through their insurance"
I await a reply.........
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #386 on: 01 August, 2021, 02:55:57 pm »
Here's a new one!
email from someone who has "done some work on a neighbour's roof and has accidentally damaged some of my tiles. When would it be convenient to come round to fix them?"
1) I'm not aware of any neighbours having had roofing work done.
2) I don't think any of my neighbours know my email address
I'm guessing this is a 'we'll go on your roof, mess about for a bit' and ".... oh dear! Did you know about this major problem? No worries we can fix it for ££££"
I've replied "Which neighbour? I'll go through their insurance"
I await a reply.........

I'd have been tempted to call their bluff and invite them round, then wait for the reply asking "remind me what your address is, please".

« Reply #387 on: 01 August, 2021, 03:14:41 pm »
Dodgy supermarket vouchers.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #388 on: 05 August, 2021, 02:22:44 pm »
Text on my mobile phone from DPD, saying that no one was in to sign for a parcel, and requested
that I click on the link address to arrange for re-delivery.

Forwarded to text to 7726.

« Reply #389 on: 06 August, 2021, 08:41:34 pm »
New one on me.
A blank card, that not only lets you draw out 5000 a day in local currency, but also disables CCTV!

You can hack and break into a bank's security ATM Machine without carrying guns or any weapon. How is this possible? First of all we have to learn about the manual hacking of ATM MACHINES and BANKING ACCOUNTS HOW THE ATM MACHINE WORKS. If you have been to the bank you find out that the money in the ATM MACHINE is being filled right inside the house where the machine is built with enough security .To hack this machine We have develop the special blank ATM Card which you can use in any ATM Machine around the world. this card is been programmed and can withdraw 5,000 within 24 hours in any currency your country make use of there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM Card CANNOT penetrate into it because it have been programmed with various tools and software before it will be send to you.

The ATM Card will make the security camera malfunction at that particular time until you are done with the transaction you can never be trace. it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you. Getting the card you will forward the company your address details so we can proceed to send the card to you once you agree to the terms and conditions. you can contact us on email now at: <redacted>

« Reply #390 on: 07 August, 2021, 11:15:49 am »
If I could do that I wouldn't waste my time flogging bits of plastic to random strangers. I'd flog the technology to some legal, legitimate organisation for enough to keep me in the style to which I would like to become accustomed (perhaps by licencing it), & spend the rest of my life doing enjoyable things.

These scammers think so small!
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #391 on: 10 August, 2021, 04:46:07 pm »
So many identically worded texts about voicemail or parcels with a not-even-trying-to-fake-it weblink. Trivial for the providers to filter.

Be careful what you wish for. Today I have a text about a “messed eall”.

I have a hovercraft full of them mate.

« Reply #392 on: 10 August, 2021, 04:50:30 pm »

Be careful what you wish for. Today I have a text about a “messed eall”.

I have a hovercraft full of them mate.

Truly terrible jokes thread is over there --->

Oh gawd, I needed that belly laugh.

« Reply #393 on: 13 September, 2021, 06:09:45 pm »
Today's is a new one.

From:   NHS National Health Service Coronavirus (COVID-19) <info@arrangebook.co.jp>        (as if that's going to be an NHS email address)

E-mail NotificationCoronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - N H S
Dear Nutty's email ,

The COVID-19 travel certificate has been created in a bid to restore the freedom of travel,
which has been put at a halt for over a year now, since the pandemic erupted all over the block.

Through the certificate, the Commission intends to remove travel restrictions as entry bans, quarantine obligation, and testing.
Those holding such a document will be able to travel throughout Europe without the need to quarantine or test for COVID-19

The Passport will be issued to all those who have been fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus, with one of the four vaccines approved by the National Medicine Agency, which are:
AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
The certificate will prove that its holder has been vaccinated while also containing additional information on the vaccine, as when the doses were administered, who is the manufacturer, etc.
Who can use this service
You can only use this service if you have received an email/SMS regarding this invitation. You can not use this service for anyone other than yourself.
You are also free to reject this invitation, your appointment will be issued to the next person in line in that case.

Please confirm or reject your invitation by selecting an option below.
>> ACCEPT Invitation ↣

>> Decline Invitation ↣

You are required to reply to this invitation within 12 hours of this notification.
This is an OFFICIAL invitation sent to Nutty's email  2021 N H S Crown Copyright

So much time and effort spent in crafting a convincing email, and then sending when the news hits that covid passports will not be required  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The links behind accept/Decline are the same, are not UK, and are not the same domain as the sender.    I'm so glad I use plain text email and don't have a fondleslab that doesn't show the ALT text behind links.

Don't get caught folks.

« Reply #394 on: 13 September, 2021, 07:30:17 pm »
Spelling of 'bloc' would have raised my suspicions if nothing else.

« Reply #395 on: 13 September, 2021, 08:56:31 pm »
Greetings, from The illuminati world elite empire...

And this one (weird paragraphs as original):-

PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY AND BENEFIT CAUSE BELOW WAS HOW I GOT AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE ILLUMINATI ORGANIZATION.

Hello, i am Paul Roger,

a true believer/member of the Nwo.

Below is my testimony on how i got help from the Illuminati group,

12 years ago i started poultry/an animal farm business, the business was not going well as

expected or planned and i was not having

enough money to invest on it,life became sour because the hardship was just too much to bear well i had no choice than to seek financial assistance through loans and from old friends which was not productive at all because i was not given the assistance i really needed. On one faithful day a friend i had lost his contacts from our youth days who happen to live in Ipswich UK invited me to join him for a conference in Ipswich,he was so kind to pay for all travelling expenses including hotel bills,its a bit of a long story but after the conference i was able to know a thing or two about the Illuminati organization, he then linked me up with a man from the brotherhood in the state who was a recruiter named John Ashworth through his email

and i was asked to provide a list of some items after enlightenment that will be used for the initiation such as sacrifice to the illuminati (baphomet), a week later after my initiation i was given a membership certificate including some other gifts I can't disclose and a sum of money

to invest on my business and as time goes on things changed for me like i've never

experienced before, believe it or not the Illuminati is real and the way forward out of financial mess,being barren,bondage,marital battles and spiritual battles. I am grateful and i owe the illuminati organization positively for making me who i am today so I'm sharing this because as a man i know how hard life can be and the pains and damages it can put a family through,poverty or being broke is never a good thing experience and not what any one should go through.

PLEASE NOTE: Any legit recruiter of the brotherhood is not allowed or does not take fees for joining unless sponsoring your items,no donations and no hidden charges, initiation is free to whom ever is accepted or concerned.

If you so much wish to be enlightened or rather to follow the light of greatness or to be

part of this organization as my family and so many others have done then trust no other than to email this address theilluminati_recruit@*******.com

his name is John Ashworth.

Regards,

Paul Roger.

« Reply #396 on: 15 September, 2021, 09:55:56 am »
We just had a mail delivered into our support ticketing system with the subject "Buiness Cad Pinting". Surely that's not spam ?
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #397 on: 21 September, 2021, 07:21:05 am »
A generic "congratulations beneficiary, contact us for payment" email. The amusing part though was the authentic sounding westernised name. No Barrister John Smith here. This one came from Mr Troll Max  ;D

« Reply #398 on: 21 September, 2021, 05:29:02 pm »
Today's spam : (forwarded to report@phishing.co.uk). Spammers were purporting to be McAfee.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #399 on: 21 September, 2021, 06:07:15 pm »
Lt. Col. Larrington (retd.) has been getting anti-virus spam from people purporting to be Avast, McAfee, Norton et al for months.  Since his laptop hasn’t even been switched on for about two years…

Had a bunch today apparently from BRITISH Gas, exhorting me to open a file in Dropbox.  Having! A! Yahoo! Return! Address! was a bit of a giveaway that said communications were not from BRITISH Gas at all.  Also, I'm not not a customer of theirs anyway.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime