Author Topic: Dez's new YouTube channel  (Read 3092 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Dez's new YouTube channel
« Reply #25 on: 30 January, 2024, 12:01:47 am »
 :thumbsup:

Thats the best I can do for now, thanks for this Dez, very inspiring.
It is simpler than it looks.

Afasoas

« Reply #26 on: 30 January, 2024, 02:18:47 pm »
You're courageous, Dez.  I wish you all the best.

Peter
:thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 30 January, 2024, 02:29:48 pm »
I've just watched and enjoyed the Business Card thing.

+1

Reminded me of the heady days of Wintergatan's Fusion 360 livestreams, which I found strangely calming.

I still find it amusing that plotters are cool again.  Not that they ever weren't, of course.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #28 on: 31 January, 2024, 10:59:33 pm »
Yes, I always loved our Office Plotter when I was working for HMCE. Our Tariff-related project was being attacked using SSADM* and we needed very large DFDs (Data Flow Diagrams), ELHs (Entity Life History) and a few other TLAs. (Three Letter Acronyms). They were in the days when the 386 was the state of the art office computer. The plotter would be chuntering along to itself for hours.

*Seldom Sees Any Deadline Met
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #29 on: 31 January, 2024, 11:19:43 pm »
I had to learn SSADM4 for my degree. The tutor was terrible and the one person who refused to make any adjustments for me as a deaf/disabled student. I sent my notetaker to the lectures and relied on notes, textbooks and other-tutor cos main tutor was incoherent and inaudible.

The exam was a clusterfuck cos I couldn't type the network diagram in word and I couldn't read my own writing. I tried using a scribe but that wasn't much better. I think that was the one where I got 38% on the exam but 72% on coursework. The (lovely) Head of Department told me that they decided at moderation meeting that they could give me an overall pass despite technical fail cos of the coursework. And thankfully they didn't think I'd done a plagiarism which is what might happen these days. I also think in hindsight I'd have asked for some kind of adjustment to the exam, maybe making that question non-time limited so I could work round the access issues.

« Reply #30 on: 01 February, 2024, 01:27:22 pm »
Not only have I subscribed but I'm genuinely interested in the Cricut, and if you made something like these for sale, I'd buy one.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've spent this evening creating a shop, which you can visit at https://deniscellaneous.teemill.com/

I came, I saw, I acquired.