Author Topic: iPad Volume/Power Switch Oddness  (Read 1409 times)

Afasoas

iPad Volume/Power Switch Oddness
« on: 21 January, 2013, 07:11:32 pm »
I've got an iPad2 (iOS 6.01) and two days ago I couldn't get the volume up button working. Volume down worked fine.

Now that is working again, but the power switch won't put it into stand-by/lock it. (And some how it flattened it's battery from 33% charged whilst left unused with the magnetic cover on).

I can still take screen shots using the home/power keys and turn it off by holding down the power key.

This is sounding like a weird software type thing - I don't think there's anything physically wrong with the buttons and it's not experienced any physical trauma by being dropped or anything.

Anyone else had these same issues?

ian

Re: iPad Volume/Power Switch Oddness
« Reply #1 on: 21 January, 2013, 07:26:47 pm »
I've got an iPad2 (iOS 6.01) and two days ago I couldn't get the volume up button working. Volume down worked fine.

Now that is working again, but the power switch won't put it into stand-by/lock it. (And some how it flattened it's battery from 33% charged whilst left unused with the magnetic cover on).

I can still take screen shots using the home/power keys and turn it off by holding down the power key.

This is sounding like a weird software type thing - I don't think there's anything physically wrong with the buttons and it's not experienced any physical trauma by being dropped or anything.

Anyone else had these same issues?

Never had a problem, but try a reset. If not, an orbital nuke and restore via iTunes.