Author Topic: 'SEG's 75' Reliability Ride, Wickford, Essex, 23/2/14  (Read 1943 times)

'SEG's 75' Reliability Ride, Wickford, Essex, 23/2/14
« on: 05 December, 2013, 04:37:20 pm »
The SEG's 75 Reliability Ride, which is organised by the South Essex Group (SEG) of the Cyclists' Touring Club (CTC), takes place on February 23rd 2014. This established 75-mile event, which takes in some beautiful countryside, is considered by many to be the first 'real' Essex cycle ride of the year. It's popular as a 'warm-up' with the local racing community. Starting from the Market Café in Woodlands Road, Wickford, Essex SS12 0AL, there are 3 start-time options - 8.30am (7-hour ride), 9am (6-hour ride) and 9.30am (5-hour ride). Wickford is easily-accessible from London via the Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria line; car-parking will be available at the Market Café on the day.

Sound like your thing? Go to http://www.essexcycling.co.uk/events/ctc_seg75/seg75_cover4web.htm for more information

We look forward to seeing some of you!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: 'SEG's 75' Reliability Ride, Wickford, Essex, 23/2/14
« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2013, 10:27:34 am »
I have put it in the diary. It's a very good ride and would recommend it. I'll decide whether to do it on the day nearer to the time. I can't ride fast enough to complete it in 7 hours, so I might turn it into a nice day ride either on my own or with others, possibly when the weather is a bit warmer.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.