Author Topic: vista hcx counts in minutes  (Read 1464 times)

vista hcx counts in minutes
« on: 18 December, 2009, 05:09:13 pm »
just wondered if anyone else had this problem. I've noticed that my vista hcx doesn't change to counting in hours and minutes until well past 90 minutes.( i haven't checked beyond that yet) My old vista used to change to hours at 60 minutes.
i'm wondering if this is a fault of either my settings or the unit and if anyone else has this problem?
any help would be much appreciated.

Re: vista hcx counts in minutes
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2009, 05:14:56 pm »
Could it be the size of the box that the clock is in on screen?

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #2 on: 18 December, 2009, 08:42:53 pm »
I've noticed the same on my Venture Cx. It counts in minutes until it gets to 120 minutes, then changes to hours and minutes.
I'm pretty sure it used to change to hours at 60 minutes - I think a recent software update changed it. I don't know whether this was an intentional change by Garmin, or if there's a setting anywhere to change this.

Though its not really a problem IMO, just a bit strange. And I've mostly got used to it now.

« Reply #3 on: 18 December, 2009, 09:45:15 pm »
Could it be the size of the box that the clock is in on screen?

i hadn't thought of that. I'll change the box size and give it a go over the weekend.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #4 on: 20 December, 2009, 02:13:36 am »
I see the latest software version (released 3rd December) for the eTrex Cx / HCx says "Fix minutes to hours roll over issue.". eg Garmin: eTrex Vista HCx Updates & Downloads
I'm using the previous version, so I'll try updating to see if it makes any differences to this behaviour.

« Reply #5 on: 20 December, 2009, 08:00:29 pm »
thanks, i've updated but didn't read that bit.

« Reply #6 on: 22 December, 2009, 03:37:25 pm »
just had a reply to my question from garmin who informed me that the unit is programed to count in minutes til it reaches 99 then it changes to hours and minutes.
this is somewhat at odds with the latest software update which apparantly fixes the (non existant) problem!

EDIT. just tried things out with the software update suggested by fuaran and it now changes to hours after 59.59. maybe i should email garmin with their solution!