Author Topic: Befuddling Child Utterances  (Read 204343 times)

Re: Befuddling Child Utterances
« Reply #1025 on: 23 March, 2023, 01:24:37 pm »
Youngest monkey was arguing with me this morning about a shopping village being near our allotment and saying its just down the road...it's not basically involves driving back through the town we live in. She drew a map which didn't help so I walked off to get a proper map. "Where she you going, we're not finished" she called to me. "To get a map" I replied "well that' won't help" was her response. I think it would be she wasn't admitting defeat.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1026 on: 23 March, 2023, 04:57:10 pm »
Youngest monkey was arguing with me this morning about a shopping village being near our allotment and saying its just down the road...it's not basically involves driving back through the town we live in. She drew a map which didn't help so I walked off to get a proper map. "Where she you going, we're not finished" she called to me. "To get a map" I replied "well that' won't help" was her response. I think it would be she wasn't admitting defeat.

Sounds like she's got a bright future in politics.

« Reply #1027 on: 23 March, 2023, 09:23:13 pm »

Sounds like she's got a bright future in politics.

No she's got a very strong conviction of right and wrong

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1028 on: 16 April, 2023, 03:17:47 pm »
S/h book shop yesterday, we were just about to close when in walks a Chilean man with two daughters, age 2 and 7. The 2-y-o only appears to use one word, "dinosaur", which she exclaims enthusiastically whenever she spots a book with an illustration of such a beast. The 7-y-o, in contrast, once she'd chosen her books, told us in authoritative tones, breaking into Spanish only to tell Papa not to interrupt her, about her recent birthday party, which was "only for ladies" at "a posh hotel" with a swimming pool, which she used five times, and a spa. The name of this hotel? It was south of Bristol but still in Bristol, and it was called – here came the only pause – "Courtworth Tort".

Tortworth Court is actually just north of Bristol but we don't want to get picky about a child's birthday party. Especially when they buy about ten books between two kids.

And earlier, with no particular utterances, three girls spanning the ages of about 3 to approximately 10 came in. The youngest continually showed her choices to the biggest for approval, but was told to take them out to their mother for checking. She was visible standing in the doorway. Why didn't she come in? Perhaps she had a dog? (dogs are allowed in the shop but people might think she shouldn't). Eventually the toddler ran out and stayed out while mum came in. It turned out she had not three children but four, the youngest being a baby in a pram (she had one of those standing-boards at the back of the pram and was concerned about it catching on step), and she'd now left the 3-y-o in charge of the baby – probably more as a way of anchoring her with a responsibility so she wouldn't run off than to actually look after the baby! But it was the eldest child who paid for the books. With chip and pin, which you don't see much nowadays!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1029 on: 24 April, 2023, 12:00:44 pm »
Me (looking in rear-view mirror and seeing shining countenance of youngest son): "Daniel, you are a beautiful little boy!"
Daniel (6): "So are you, Daddy!"

;D

« Reply #1030 on: 16 December, 2023, 11:34:54 am »
Not sure if this is befuddling or sensible

Youngest monkey wad very sweet when i got home from Christmas shopping, probably in hope of seeing presents

After telling me she loves me and giving me lots of hugs she said

Daddy I love you, but I'm not sure why

« Reply #1031 on: 02 April, 2024, 02:20:31 pm »
Again not sure whether befuddling or sensible

Youngest asked what's for dinner. Meant to be a slow cooked butter nut squash curry but wife chipped in that as she is out for dinner she wanted to do another dish as wants to try the curry. Wife then added that I could do the chilli

Youngest "yay meat.......it is meat isn't it?"

It's not, it's fake mince. Had the usual conversation about eating les meat and loving the planet

First reply was I do love the planet. I just love meat

She then improved with I'll have everything vegetarian just not the meat