Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 437348 times)

ian

Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #1475 on: 20 May, 2019, 02:46:28 pm »
Having just clicked accept to a series of the usual indeterminably dull meetings, I noticed that my calendar was set to Central European Time and thus that's the time I like to go swimming. Need to think of a proper business excuse to extricate myself. Also, I don't know what idiots at the leisure centre thought the best time for an open swimming session would be 3.15-4pm (on the plus side, this usually means it's me plus two, now I'll have to go to the evening scrum).

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #1476 on: 21 May, 2019, 06:14:13 pm »
I have spent a day chasing a bug in a C program. After debugging deep, deep into various libraries to find out why no data was being returned, I realised that the function that reports the data was being given the address of the returned data instead of the data itself. Delete one asterisk and all is now working.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1477 on: 21 May, 2019, 11:32:49 pm »
I'm not sure getting confused by pointers because you weren't paying attention counts as divvery.  We've all done it.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1478 on: 22 May, 2019, 08:31:33 am »
I'm not sure getting confused by pointers because you weren't paying attention counts as divvery.  We've all done it.

Yeah. I used to be able to handle three layers of indirection before it all went to hell - I often wondered if that hadn't to do with visualizing things in 3D.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #1479 on: 28 May, 2019, 12:53:29 pm »
We are a Tech Company. We use Web Meetings. We use Instant Messages, we Know what we are Doing.

So who was it, do you suppose that sent an instant message to the owner of a meeting who was sharing their screen, suggesting that the current speaker needed a <rude word> pause button? You know, the sort of instant message that pops up on screen. That screen that's being shared?

On the positive front, it worked.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1480 on: 28 May, 2019, 01:13:17 pm »
 ;D  ;D  ;D
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #1481 on: 28 May, 2019, 02:17:14 pm »
Oops.  ;D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #1482 on: 28 May, 2019, 02:20:55 pm »
I think I mentioned the time my wife sent me a quick message that read 'your cat has just done a really stinky shit' (without qualifying it was in the litter tray, for bonus points). Which wasn't really anything I needed to know, nor for that matter did the 200 or so people in front of me at the time. Reminder to self, slide the do-not-disturb button over to the 'on' position...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1483 on: 28 May, 2019, 03:01:11 pm »
mine was slightly less embarrasing, just IT trying to get hold of me while I was in the middle of a closing meeting
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #1484 on: 28 May, 2019, 04:22:15 pm »
If it was any consolation, every question in the Q&A was not about anything I'd presented but about my cats.

« Reply #1485 on: 29 May, 2019, 03:06:35 pm »
Went shopping for shower gel and conditioner. Came home with shampoo and conditioner. I don't need more shampoo.  :(

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #1486 on: 29 May, 2019, 03:29:18 pm »
Am now ill and have been for two days. I think I accelerated my volume and intensity of cycling too fast after my last exam and I'm now paying the price. :(
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #1487 on: 29 May, 2019, 03:51:16 pm »
Went shopping for shower gel and conditioner. Came home with shampoo and conditioner. I don't need more shampoo.  :(

It's just possible that it's just as good as cleaning your body as shower gel is.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1488 on: 29 May, 2019, 04:00:20 pm »
Yeah. I once visited a company that sold various household products including shower gel and floor cleaner. They had 30-40 different bottles in the foyer display cabinet and three big tanks in back.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1489 on: 29 May, 2019, 04:53:06 pm »
the difference is the additives and the difference between solid and liquid soap is a choice of one or other of two specific ingredientr, IIRC from a dokimentary wot I watched
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1490 on: 29 May, 2019, 06:33:39 pm »

It's just possible that it's just as good as cleaning your body as shower gel is.

I tend to find that (unless I'm covered in oil or something) by the time I've washed my hair, most of my body is clean anyway.

YHMV.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1491 on: 30 May, 2019, 11:06:09 am »
Spray starch is not an effective substitute for spray deodorant/antiperspirant.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

ian

« Reply #1492 on: 30 May, 2019, 11:34:47 am »
Shower gel is just shampoo with more gelling agents, it's all detergent and surfactant. I couldn't reach the shampoo from the bath the other day, so I used the bubble bath. I didn't die and I have a reputation for tidy hair to uphold.

« Reply #1493 on: 31 May, 2019, 01:02:10 pm »
Yes, I'm using shampoo as I have no shower gel. The shower gel is gloopier though.

« Reply #1494 on: 31 May, 2019, 01:10:09 pm »
Mines not, as adding Tea Tree oil to it destroys the gloop factors. (It's a lot cheaper to take an unscented shower gel and add TTO as opposed to buying TTO "branded" products).
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1495 on: 31 May, 2019, 03:04:04 pm »
Almost a div today: found myself holding the soluble centre of the expired toilet roll and on the point of chucking the roller out of the holder down the loo.

« Reply #1496 on: 01 June, 2019, 08:33:29 pm »
Gave myself a nice, neat No.1 trim (3mm).   Took the guard off, cleaned the clippers & put a drop of oil on them.  Bzzzzzzz  :thumbsup:       To check I ran them over my head again.  Oh , I really didn't mean to do that. Had to do the entire lot down to the wood so the stripe didn't look odd  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #1497 on: 03 June, 2019, 07:56:15 am »
Gave myself a nice, neat No.1 trim (3mm).   Took the guard off, cleaned the clippers & put a drop of oil on them.  Bzzzzzzz  :thumbsup:       To check I ran them over my head again.  Oh , I really didn't mean to do that. Had to do the entire lot down to the wood so the stripe didn't look odd  :facepalm:

You could have gone for the badger look. alternating stripes.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1498 on: 04 June, 2019, 09:02:38 am »
Sharpening a chisel on the bench strop, went off the end of the leather on the back-stroke. Blade caught on the edge of the leather on the forward stroke, went off-course and into the palm of my left hand.  4mm chisel and it didn't go deep but it's right where the handlebars go. Arse.

No, that's not where the handlebars go, I'm not Danny MacAskill.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: The &quot;I'm Such a Fecking Div&quot; Thread
« Reply #1499 on: 08 June, 2019, 11:39:51 am »
Double divvery this morning:

Forgot to take my barcode to parkrun, so no official time registered, and therefore an extra week until I reach my 250.

Realised on the way home that actually I had my spare barcode token on my keyring which had been in my pocket all the time... :facepalm:
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."