Author Topic: Why do women and girls have long hair?  (Read 17996 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Why do women and girls have long hair?
« Reply #175 on: 08 December, 2010, 08:07:48 pm »
:thumbsup:
Getting there...

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #176 on: 08 December, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »
Feminazery: Femininity and Male Entitlement

Weird. I thought she looked a lot sexier with short hair. But then Mrs N has had short hair for years and I'm 57 so what would I know?
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #177 on: 08 December, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »

Weird. I thought she looked a lot sexier with short hair. But then Mrs N has had short hair for years and I'm 57 so what would I know?

From that blog, I followed a link to the Fail: Does a short haircut mean women have gone off sex?  | Mail Online

I have never been more inspired to cut all my (long, from the age of seven) hair off in my life.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #178 on: 08 December, 2010, 09:02:57 pm »
That's just silly.  Sex is *way* easier with short hair...

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #179 on: 08 December, 2010, 09:04:45 pm »
Does anyone actually take any notice of what the Daily Fail says?
There's no vibrations, but wait.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #180 on: 08 December, 2010, 09:09:39 pm »
That's just silly.  Some types of Sex is *way* easier with short hair...

ftfy
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #181 on: 08 December, 2010, 09:15:06 pm »
Does anyone actually take any notice of what the Daily Fail says?

Sadly, yes.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #182 on: 08 December, 2010, 10:01:12 pm »

From that blog, I followed a link to the Fail: Does a short haircut mean women have gone off sex?  | Mail Online

I have never been more inspired to cut all my (long, from the age of seven) hair off in my life.

You can grow your hair quite long in the time it takes to read that, although I stopped getting any new information quite quickly and lost interest before the end.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #183 on: 09 December, 2010, 01:47:16 am »
I have to admit to having very little idea about this, but I think Pob is short for Posh bob and it is/was a style carried around by Victoria Beckham. I may be completely wrong about that.

Doesn't POB stand for Pubes Originally Brown?

Hope that helps.

H

Po-faced Old Bat?

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #184 on: 09 December, 2010, 07:47:17 am »
I have to admit to having very little idea about this, but I think Pob is short for Posh bob and it is/was a style carried around by Victoria Beckham. I may be completely wrong about that.

Doesn't POB stand for Pubes Originally Brown?

Hope that helps.

H

Po-faced Old Bat?

*waves*

H

« Reply #185 on: 09 December, 2010, 08:03:14 am »
Some people look good with short hair some with long depends on the shape of your head I guess. Lucky people can look good both ways. Some people don't care what they look like and just go for whatever they like. Some people get no choice 'casue it's all fallen out (well they could go for a comb over but that's just sad, bite the bullet chaps and get a number one). Whatever floats your boat it's your hair.
Personally I like girls/women with long hair but also like the elfin look. But since I can't be arsed to do much with mine bar going for a number 4 once every couple of months I think I don't really have much of a right to comment on anyone else's hair.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

LindaG

« Reply #186 on: 09 December, 2010, 09:12:43 am »
Gok Wan et al.  Sheesh.
My impression is that he's all about building self-esteem without making people diet and/or conform to norms.
(This is based on interviews I've heard, not actually watching his programmes. No sirreee .... :P )

He's all about saying, 'Yes, you do look like shit.  Yes you do have to change.  Yes you can buy self-esteem.  Yes your appearance is the most important thing about you'.

He takes them shopping and gives them a makeover which IMO is a short-term fix at best.   He does not address the real sources of these women's unhappiness.  I haven't watched his programme for a couple of years, because I realised it was making me very uncomfortable.  I can't quite articulate it, a kind of 'women are just big Barbie dolls for me to dress up'.

They look very nice when he's finished with them, don't get me wrong, but when you have to pour a perfectly nice-looking, ordinary woman, into support underwear to make her feel worthy, there is something very bad going on. 

It seems men are catching up with women here.  There's a fair amount of propaganda kicking about, to tell men they're not good enough as well.  It's a crying shame.

« Reply #187 on: 09 December, 2010, 09:30:16 am »
yeah. When it involves two people with long hair, it's possible to get trapped, where you are each leaning on the other person's hair. Not to mention the times when it just falls in the way. Hmm wonder if that's why my wife cut 6" off my hair, on the pretext of needing to remove some split ends?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Chris S

« Reply #188 on: 09 December, 2010, 10:50:04 am »

Yes. There's nothing romantic about inhaling a great gob full of hair at a critical moment, and involuntarily expectorating it forceably into your beloved's face  :-X.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #189 on: 09 December, 2010, 12:16:33 pm »
He's all about saying, 'Yes, you do look like shit.  Yes you do have to change.  Yes you can buy self-esteem.  Yes your appearance is the most important thing about you'.

He takes them shopping and gives them a makeover which IMO is a short-term fix at best.   He does not address the real sources of these women's unhappiness.  I haven't watched his programme for a couple of years, because I realised it was making me very uncomfortable.  I can't quite articulate it, a kind of 'women are just big Barbie dolls for me to dress up'.

They look very nice when he's finished with them, don't get me wrong, but when you have to pour a perfectly nice-looking, ordinary woman, into support underwear to make her feel worthy, there is something very bad going on. 

It seems men are catching up with women here.  There's a fair amount of propaganda kicking about, to tell men they're not good enough as well.  It's a crying shame.

Mind you, one could say the same thing about Trinny and Susannah, who ought to know better.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #190 on: 09 December, 2010, 12:31:51 pm »
At least they aren't anagrams of Go Wank.
It is simpler than it looks.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #191 on: 09 December, 2010, 12:37:45 pm »
At least they aren't anagrams of Go Wank.

But they are anagrams of Satan's Randy Hun Inn.

And it serves them right.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #192 on: 10 December, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
That's just silly.  Sex is *way* easier with short hair...

Yes. There's nothing romantic about inhaling a great gob full of hair at a critical moment, and involuntarily expectorating it forceably into your beloved's face  :-X.

Damn. You lost me at the word 'face'. Up until that point I had you down for a super furry clunge lover too.

H