Author Topic: Royal Baby!  (Read 14593 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Royal Baby!
« Reply #25 on: 03 December, 2012, 09:27:04 pm »
I just want to see what it's called.  Henry is out; there hasn't been a Henry since VIII, because he was a bit of a bad 'un.  Likewise James; they were both twats, John was seen as a usurper (and was a nasty fox in Disney's Robin Hood) and the only proper Queen Mary was a psycho.  William, Charles, Elizabeth, Anne and Edward are already in the close family and it could get confusing.  My money's on George or Victoria, both of which are relatively untainted and had decent last owners.  Outside bet; they revive some funky Saxon names like Harold, Alfred or Ethelred.  Or, best of all, Arthur.

Of course, it could be Charlotte.  :demon:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #26 on: 03 December, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »
I suspect that I am in the minority when I say that I genuinely do not give a fuck.

Depends on whether it turns into another camping trip, surely?
I hadn't thought of that in my feeling of looming dread of the next 6 months or so. Especially if she is going to spend the whole time puking - we're going to end up with hourly updates on her vomit.

Let me know where we're camping :). *goes to hide head under pillow*
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #27 on: 03 December, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »
I suspect that I am in the minority when I say that I genuinely do not give a fuck.

Depends on whether it turns into another camping trip, surely?
I hadn't thought of that in my feeling of looming dread of the next 6 months or so. Especially if she is going to spend the whole time puking - we're going to end up with hourly updates on her vomit.

Let me know where we're camping :). *goes to hide head under pillow*

The big problem is that you cannot predict with any certainty that the period of gestation will not terminate prematurely: imagine the news bulletins should the royal contractions start to get too close together! Should the regal amniotic fluid escape early, will the Royal Philharmonic be there to play Handel's "Water Music"? Go camping by all means, and depending when it is, I'd like to join you, although having just looked up the dates, we may be in Western Scotland anyway.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: Re: Royal Baby!
« Reply #28 on: 03 December, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »
I just want to see what it's called.  Henry is out; there hasn't been a Henry since VIII, because he was a bit of a bad 'un. 

Except William's brother of course, or do you mean only in the direct line of succession?
The latter. 
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

spindrift

« Reply #29 on: 03 December, 2012, 09:51:05 pm »
The BBC are crawling up the royal passage like nobody's business, they read out a tweet from that racist toilet puncher ffs.

« Reply #30 on: 03 December, 2012, 09:59:43 pm »
When is it due?  We cannot organise a trip into the wilderness without this critical info.

+1

« Reply #31 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:06:41 pm »
I wonder if I'll live long enough (or more accurately outlive the existing the royals) to see the new Royal baby come to the throne.

The name of the baby doesn't affect the name of the reign, I think they get to choose another name for their 'King' name. I think Charles has already said he wants to be a George. Ideally William would then be Bungle, and then the new sprog Zippy.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #32 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:14:11 pm »
When is it due?  We cannot organise a trip into the wilderness without this critical info.

+1

I suspect that those who don't give a fuck may not be in the minority, but we'd never be allowed to know that for a fact.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #33 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:23:42 pm »
*tries really really hard to give a damn*

*fails*

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #34 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:34:35 pm »
Presuming no-one cops it in the next 9 months, we'll have a queue of three for the throne.  We British really do love our queueing, don't we?

« Reply #35 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:38:27 pm »
*Looks half-heartedly for the 'ignore thread' button*

« Reply #36 on: 03 December, 2012, 10:38:46 pm »
Possibly (but not probably) on a national view.
Almost certainly not in this community. I'm bored with it already.
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #37 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »
Woman has sex, gets pregnant, vomits.

Go back to sleep people.

« Reply #38 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »
Presuming no-one cops it in the next 9 months, we'll have a queue of three for the throne.  We British really do love our queueing, don't we?

It won't be as long as nine months. Max 7, more like 5 or 6 - the Vomiting may have precipitated the announcement, but not by that much. Plenty of time to bury bad news though. Bet the chancellor is hoping it'll last.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #39 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:11:13 pm »
I've been puking all weekend and Kate Middleton didn't say owt, so I don't see why i should give a stuff when she makes the technicolour yawn.
Getting there...

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #40 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:14:29 pm »
No wonder she's feeling nauseous, she's eating for one now.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #41 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:22:34 pm »
No wonder she's feeling nauseous, she's eating for one now.

;D
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #42 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:30:37 pm »
There's a whole thread devoted to them in the OT Gallery.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #43 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:41:40 pm »
The press seem intent on proving Leveson right, looking at the feral pack round the hospital.
Public interest defence?
How's my trolling? Call 07700 900999.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #44 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »
Feminists rejoice - Kate Windsor has been upgraded from a hairstyle on legs to a bump on legs.  ::-)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #45 on: 04 December, 2012, 12:17:25 am »
Blimey, you lot are predictable!  There was me wondering if I'd be surprised by pages and pages of yacfers being pleased for a couple who are clearly in love having their first sprog that they obviously want.  And there's the millions of UK tax payers who celebrated Will and Kate's wedding who will be chuffed too. 

I'm no great royalist and I suspect the the Royal Family has done bugger all for me.  But neither do I think they've done me much harm.  Good on you Wills and Kate, hope it all works out ok.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #46 on: 04 December, 2012, 12:22:47 am »
Blimey, you lot are predictable!  There was me wondering if I'd be surprised by pages and pages of yacfers being pleased for a couple who are clearly in love having their first sprog that they obviously want.  And there's the millions of UK tax payers who celebrated Will and Kate's wedding who will be chuffed too. 

I'm no great royalist and I suspect the the Royal Family has done bugger all for me.  But neither do I think they've done me much harm.  Good on you Wills and Kate, hope it all works out ok.

But it doesn't fucking matter. No-one has wished them any harm. We just don't want to be part of it because it's none of our business.

My daughter is due to give birth a couple of months in advance of Ms. Middleton. That matters to me, but I don't expect anyone from outside my family or my daughter's immediate circle of friends to take any notice.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #47 on: 04 December, 2012, 12:30:29 am »
Granted it doesn't really matter, and I accept no-one has wished them harm.  Its just that I'm pleased when I hear of people that have had some good news - irrespective of who they are.  There's enough crap flying around and today I've been dealing with my own fair share so a bit of good news is welcome.

I'm no less pleased to hear about your forthcoming grand child.  Number 2 isn't it?

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #48 on: 04 December, 2012, 12:30:58 am »
We just don't want to be part of it because it's none of our business.

Oh but it is - we're paying for the bloody sponger!  ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #49 on: 04 December, 2012, 12:32:59 am »
People can post what they like. It's a forum. We can post about things that are not our business, and many posters do, many times.

Occasionally people here allow others to have contrary views. Even if, apparently, they are wrong.
It is simpler than it looks.