Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526224 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2250 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:54:11 pm »
Bob, I will ask the bloke if we can mix up Long and Short sleeves in the minimum order. Long sleeves are about a fiver more!

I'd be tempted with a long & short versions...

Just had a sighting of Jiberjaber in full summer plumage; shorts and the existing ACME jersey.

Probably just as well we are looking at expanding the ACME range, it will give Jiber the chance to wash his other jersey at last.

What a nice way to spend a sunny Monday! :thumbsup: (where was that?)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2251 on: 13 March, 2017, 03:59:11 pm »
New London Road. I wasn't at all jealous having spent the weekend replacing a garden shed and not out on my bike and actually going to work today.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #2252 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:08:43 pm »
New London Road. I wasn't at all jealous having spent the weekend replacing a garden shed and not out on my bike and actually going to work today.

^^^ Sitting in the Ale House sampling their finest ales doesn't classify as work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2253 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:09:38 pm »

^^^ Sitting in the Ale House sampling their finest ales doesn't classify as work...

Has Jiber been there as well out on his bike today  :o 

He does get around.

The Retiree

ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2254 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »

Has Jiber been there as well out on his bike today  :o 

He does get around.

I can't answer for Jibers until I see his ride photos, I was more referring to your good self....

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2255 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:27:05 pm »
 ;D

I was thinking about you all whilst I was taking in the sun rays...  8)  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2256 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:35:08 pm »
I saw you were out on your Arrows machine  :thumbsup:

I need to stop riding fixed and get back onto gears.  My last geared outing on the Horsepower was substantially slower and harder than riding fixed on the Santa Special.  I can't believe I am any less fit than I was the week before Xmas so that bike has to go.  This is clearly a better strategy than putting some effort into my fitness  :P

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2257 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:43:08 pm »
Going back to jerseys, if there was an option I'd rather have the long sleeved version.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2258 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:46:13 pm »
I saw you were out on your Arrows machine  :thumbsup:

I need to stop riding fixed and get back onto gears.  My last geared outing on the Horsepower was substantially slower and harder than riding fixed on the Santa Special.  I can't believe I am any less fit than I was the week before Xmas so that bike has to go.  This is clearly a better strategy than putting some effort into my fitness  :P

Must be time for a new bike?  ???

I'm afraid my Arrows stead will be the CdF this time round, whilst I now have dyno lighting on the fixed, I don't think I can do more than 120km on it at the moment... I can't keep my pace/HR in check on it as I am not fully up on 'keeping on top of the gear' though there were a few moments today where it was coming together OK - then there is the small issue of having nowhere to carry anything!  ::-)   
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2259 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:52:08 pm »

Must be time for a new bike?  ???

I'm afraid my Arrows stead will be the CdF this time round, whilst I now have dyno lighting on the fixed, I don't think I can do more than 120km on it at the moment... I can't keep my pace/HR in check on it as I am not fully up on 'keeping on top of the gear' though there were a few moments today where it was coming together OK - then there is the small issue of having nowhere to carry anything!  ::-)   

Bobb and the Award Winner were bullying me on the Horsepower about my bike so I didn't have any choice but to replace it. 

Surely Tippers will carry everything that you need for you on the Arrows.  You could even add some carrying capacity to your own bike if you wanted.

« Reply #2260 on: 13 March, 2017, 04:55:42 pm »
As long as Tomsk does take off like he did on Saturday  :o I'd be broken before the fens. It is something to behold though watching Tomsk speed past the Carbon boys (who are trying) up the hills  ;D

« Reply #2261 on: 13 March, 2017, 05:02:06 pm »
Tomsk calls it the fixie charge.  The Award Winner and I call it the royal flypast as he often makes casual small talk as he soars off very much in the style of a young Prince Philip - "have you come far ?"

« Reply #2262 on: 13 March, 2017, 08:30:15 pm »
Good news folks. A mix of long and short sleeves is fine so let me know EXACTLY what you would like.

- Long or short sleeves
- Size
- How many

I'll post a list in here soon to update.

« Reply #2263 on: 13 March, 2017, 10:10:07 pm »
I have just had the below response on the Sizing
Best way to pick the correct size is to measure your chest at armpit level and go with the closest match on our size chart.
If you are close to the margins of a size then go up for a slightly looser fit or down for more fitted.
And, for reference, the final Design in both long and short sleeve

Long Sleeve

Short Sleve

« Reply #2264 on: 13 March, 2017, 10:25:54 pm »
Right, I'll keep this updated. I'll plan to place the order early next week so make your choices and let me know.

NameSS/LSSizeQuantity
Tippers Kiwi
SS
XXL
Oscars Dad
LS
?
tedshred
?
L
Tomsk
?
?
Psyclist
?
?
JiberJaber
SS
?
LS
?
Bobb
LS
M

« Reply #2265 on: 14 March, 2017, 02:21:07 pm »
For those doing 'The Shark' this year I have just booked a parking space near the Greenwich foot tunnel. I'm happy to through the rack on the roof if others want a lift down. I have booked the park from 6am to 11pm so plenty of time to do a full value (and some in reserve)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2266 on: 14 March, 2017, 02:25:44 pm »
Don't mention The Shark.  I still shudder when I think about it.  It was possibly the hardest ride I've ever done.  I was soooooooo pleased to finish it. Oddly the  return leg was easier than the outward leg.

« Reply #2267 on: 14 March, 2017, 02:34:01 pm »
Don't tell me that....I am still wondering why I signed up for it when I managed to come up with a reasonable excuse last year.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2268 on: 14 March, 2017, 02:43:07 pm »
Don't tell me that....I am still wondering why I signed up for it when I managed to come up with a reasonable excuse last year.

It's horrible, you've made a gross error of judgement. The ride down goes on forever and you don't seem to make any progress. If 'fandango had been willing to get the train home I'd of abandoned. He also gave me a lift back to Witham once I finally got back to Greenwich. . I love that man.

The Retiree

« Reply #2269 on: 14 March, 2017, 03:08:41 pm »

It's horrible, you've made a gross error of judgement. The ride down goes on forever and you don't seem to make any progress. If 'fandango had been willing to get the train home I'd of abandoned. He also gave me a lift home. I love that man.

Did you have to stop off for any photo shoots along the way......?

« Reply #2270 on: 14 March, 2017, 03:10:35 pm »
Well, I had considered riding to the start and then home in preparation for the REALLY stupid ride in early May. I decided against that as it seemed maybe a step to far for an early season Sunday. The 200 I did in Wales a couple of years ago (when I was much worse fitness wise than now) was roughly the same (200k /3,750m) but I suspect many of these climbs will hurt more. In some odd way I am quite looking forward to the suffering!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2271 on: 14 March, 2017, 03:13:34 pm »
What really stupid ride in May.

« Reply #2272 on: 14 March, 2017, 04:24:17 pm »
The Heartbeat 400

Note, it is only stupid because I am an 18 Stone Flatlands Dweller....I expect I may be crying at some point in that 27 hours!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2273 on: 14 March, 2017, 04:35:43 pm »
The Heartbeat 400

Note, it is only stupid because I am an 18 Stone Flatlands Dweller....I expect I may be crying at some point in that 27 hours!

That would make a lovely tourdax.  I really must get on with taking the tourdax from concept to reality. 

« Reply #2274 on: 14 March, 2017, 04:47:22 pm »
Your going to Tourdax on AAA (and proper AAA) routes, you are insane, in the best possible way obviously  ;D