Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526212 times)

Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #5350 on: 27 August, 2022, 10:48:35 pm »
Assuming all the usual caveats, I did the Buntingford start and would be willing to hand out brevet cards if needed.  I am not local enough to make it easy to pop back for the completed cards though.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #5351 on: 28 August, 2022, 01:26:43 pm »
Cool, thanks. between yourself and psyclist someone should be able to hand out cards. If all else fails it could be postal finish 🙂
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5352 on: 01 September, 2022, 08:15:11 pm »
ACME Reception Party for the Grand arrivée on Sunday at the Battesford Court!

All welcome.

I'll be there from 08:00 through to beyond control closing at 14:00. Maybe I need a glamorous assistant for the medal presentation?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5353 on: 06 September, 2022, 07:16:43 pm »
For anyone that may be interested, all my perms are now available for entry and validation by e-brevet
I’ll let you work out how to do the formalities for now!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #5354 on: 07 September, 2022, 09:04:15 am »
For anyone that may be interested, all my perms are now available for entry and validation by e-brevet
I’ll let you work out how to do the formalities for now!

:thumbsup:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5355 on: 23 September, 2022, 09:50:33 am »
Looking ahead to next year, there this event in the pipeline:
https://www.graphiccoffee.com/event

'The Essex Witch Trails'

I've had discussions with Greg (Mr Graphic Coffee - put in touch with me by Mr Blackmore Cycling Apparel), about Audax/ACME and the long-distance cycling scene in Essex. He may be tempted by the 'gateway drug', MEMWNS ...

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5356 on: 23 September, 2022, 09:55:28 am »
Looking ahead to next year, there this event in the pipeline:
https://www.graphiccoffee.com/event

'The Essex Witch Trails'

I've had discussions with Greg (Mr Graphic Coffee - put in touch with me by Mr Blackmore Cycling Apparel), about Audax/ACME and the long-distance cycling scene in Essex. He may be tempted by the 'gateway drug', MEMWNS ...

I think there is a synergy between good coffee and pickled eggs!

« Reply #5357 on: 23 September, 2022, 10:08:06 am »

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5358 on: 23 September, 2022, 10:17:58 am »

« Reply #5359 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:01:03 pm »
Turning back to cycling in Mid-Essex for a moment; Tomsk is trying to arrange a trip to the Bespoked show at Lee Velo Park. I have suggested a mini Bumpkins ride incorporating Bespoked.

Depart from the 'Spoons of great adventure late afternoon on Friday 14th October.  Collect Westerners from a beer garden in Moreton.  Energy stop at Epping. Pitch (in the dark) at Lea Valley campsite.  Dinner at the pub on the canal.  Leave stuff in a tent. Visit Bespoked.  Cycle or train assist home.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5360 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:29:05 pm »
Turning back to cycling in Mid-Essex for a moment; Tomsk is trying to arrange a trip to the Bespoked show at Lee Velo Park. I have suggested a mini Bumpkins ride incorporating Bespoked.

Depart from the 'Spoons of great adventure late afternoon on Friday 14th October.  Collect Westerners from a beer garden in Moreton.  Energy stop at Epping. Pitch (in the dark) at Lea Valley campsite.  Dinner at the pub on the canal.  Leave stuff in a tent. Visit Bespoked.  Cycle or train assist home.

Top plan but I'm busy that weekend  :'(

« Reply #5361 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:30:18 pm »
I am just about to finish building my going on adventures bike so I am looking for inspiration.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5362 on: 23 September, 2022, 04:36:48 pm »
Don’t forget camping in chief’s garden.

« Reply #5363 on: 24 September, 2022, 04:19:07 pm »
I'm camping near Hevingham in Suffolk. Going for a walk earlier and two cyclists went past, one of whom was wearing an acme jersey

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #5364 on: 25 September, 2022, 10:23:47 am »
I'm camping near Hevingham in Suffolk. Going for a walk earlier and two cyclists went past, one of whom was wearing an acme jersey

Possibly Nik I think...   
Regards,

Joergen

Deano4

• Trouble
« Reply #5365 on: 30 September, 2022, 05:24:07 pm »
I know next year is a PBP year so everyone's gaze might be upon that.

But if anyone (like me) isn't set on a French adventure my eye is fixed upon this perm: https://audax.uk/event-details/108

I have emailed the organiser and it seems the controls are quite free like a DIY so we can make it as flat (and fixed friendly) as possible.

Being based in Lowestoft I was thinking of getting the train to the nearest station in Scotland and cycling back but I am willing to change plans though for some company.

Let me know if there is any interest and we can discuss further... 
ACME - Suffolk Branch

« Reply #5366 on: 30 September, 2022, 05:50:41 pm »

Possibly Nik I think...
I wasn't in my ACME Jersey...naughty naughty! That would have been The Straggler and Big Saxon. Big Saxon was in ACME Livery!

« Reply #5367 on: 30 September, 2022, 05:54:54 pm »

But if anyone (like me) isn't set on a French adventure my eye is fixed upon this perm: https://audax.uk/event-details/108

I have emailed the organiser and it seems the controls are quite free like a DIY so we can make it as flat (and fixed friendly) as possible.

Being based in Lowestoft I was thinking of getting the train to the nearest station in Scotland and cycling back but I am willing to change plans though for some company.

Nice, that route (well start and finish points) are my touring plans for 2025, the year I turn 50....but it will be a 2 week jobby with no time limits. 2 100 mile days to get through the fens and then settle into proper touring mode. My plan was to get back to get the sleeper back from Glasgow either riding back to there or riding back to Oban and train from there to Glasgow.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #5368 on: 30 September, 2022, 06:44:31 pm »

How about a double perm (out and back) with a couple of days recovery between! Or is that total insanity.

« Reply #5369 on: 30 September, 2022, 06:55:19 pm »

How about a double perm (out and back) with a couple of days recovery between! Or is that total insanity.

If you're going to do that, you might as well just ride there and back as a 2000km DIY, and benefit from the reduced average speed requirement.

How else can we help Deano4 make the most of this trip  ;D

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Deano4

• Trouble
« Reply #5370 on: 30 September, 2022, 07:20:27 pm »
I did look into the train situation and saw it was a bit… dire. Can you do a 2000km DIY? I mean it is only 500km longer than LEL  ;D…. Audax spirit  ;D
ACME - Suffolk Branch

« Reply #5371 on: 01 October, 2022, 10:11:58 pm »
your all bonkers! :D ;D

felstedrider

« Reply #5372 on: 02 October, 2022, 09:10:53 am »
I did look into the train situation and saw it was a bit… dire. Can you do a 2000km DIY? I mean it is only 500km longer than LEL  ;D…. Audax spirit  ;D

Once you get past a certain distance the standard becomes 200k/day.  See Calais-Brindisi as an example.   So, in a way, you are incentivised to attempt a longer ride.

I am hoping to get to Scotland next year as I don’t think I have ridden there since the 1999 Daylight 600.  Juggling a few things at the moment.

« Reply #5373 on: 02 October, 2022, 11:28:20 am »

Once you get past a certain distance the standard becomes 200k/day.

2500km and over requires an average of 200km per day. We’ll need to add a 500km loop onto Deano4’s route  ;D

1900km+ is 240km per day.

« Reply #5374 on: 02 October, 2022, 11:29:39 am »
Can you do a 2000km DIY?

Don’t worry, there’s no maximum distance for a DIY.