Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897286 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #4975 on: 29 October, 2021, 05:14:05 pm »
De Kock. 

I wasn't sure whether he deserved to be in the nominative determinism thread or in here but on balance I feel that he appears to be a denier of racism.

" no-one's forced to do anything, not in life.  That's the way I see things."

I wonder what his views might be on whether apartheid was a thing, or not?
I haz not really followed this, but he has since said he will take the knee.  I could agree with the position of not taking a political stand because your employer wants you to and trepidation to be rushed into doing so with no time to consider it.
John Snow (of C4) famously refuses to endorse anything when newsreading, hence his refusal to wear a poppy.  I can see that there is a good argument along those lines and as a national representative/sportsman you either have to give extended consideration to what you support or you end up having to support everything and anything.

I'd have some sympathy for him if taking a knee was new and unheard of in sporting circles, and, he wasn't from a mixed race background himself.

I do not believe for one moment that he has never been part of discussions about it.  I also find it barely credible that the issue of taking a knee suddenly came up out of the blue for the first time on the morning of this particular match.  It is simply not feasible that it had not been discussed.

Who in elite sport isn't aware of taking a knee and what it represents?

I am pleased that he has reconsidered.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4976 on: 29 October, 2021, 06:20:34 pm »
“We want to attract the brightest and the best to [icon of BRITISH fleg]” announces cheeze fangrrl and trainee draught excluder Liz Truss, currently masquerading as a The FOREIGN Secretary.  To illustrate her so-called point she uses a photograph of a suspension bridge.  Specifically, the Golden Gate bridge.  In San Francisco.  California.  USAnia :facepalm:

Liz Truss: Super-Twat.
If only the country of the sunny uplands ™ had some iconic and world recognisable bridges of its own….

Perhaps there is an opportunity for a friend of a government member to create a new civil engineering company to be given win a contract to build one.

From Scotlandland to Norn Iron, perhaps…
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4977 on: 01 November, 2021, 08:35:11 am »
I thought that Mr Telford had designed some rather iconic bridges (and aqueducts). But then I remembered he was a FORRIN from Scotlandshire so would be beneath the notice of Ingerlish Nashnulists like Truss and co.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4978 on: 01 November, 2021, 09:07:08 am »
Ah the sound of diplomatic language in the morning.

France has 48 hrs to back down says Liz Truzz

I wonder if there are Tea Shops in the private bubble these fine examples of humanity live.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4979 on: 01 November, 2021, 09:35:06 am »
Well what do you know, a sovereign state, threatening a sovereign state, for being a sovereign state.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4980 on: 01 November, 2021, 11:23:44 am »
I thought that Mr Telford had designed some rather iconic bridges (and aqueducts). But then I remembered he was a FORRIN from Scotlandshire so would be beneath the notice of Ingerlish Nashnulists like Truss and co.

Can’t have that Mr Brunel either.  He was a bit too FOREIGN.  And what kind of a name is “Isambard” anyway?  Why not a proper BRITISH name, like Boris?

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #4981 on: 01 November, 2021, 11:38:54 am »

Can’t have that Mr Brunel either.  He was a bit too FOREIGN.  And what kind of a name is “Isambard” anyway?  Why not a proper BRITISH name, like Boris?
French - his dad was a true born Frenchy who fled the revolution.  His mum was English.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

rr

« Reply #4982 on: 01 November, 2021, 11:43:00 am »

French - his dad was a true born Frenchy who fled the revolution.  His mum was English.
You mean his father was an asylum seeker?

Sent from my motorola edge 20 using Tapatalk

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4983 on: 01 November, 2021, 12:15:47 pm »

You mean his father was an asylum seeker?

Sent from my motorola edge 20 using Tapatalk

Yep. Marc crossed the ENGLISH Channel in a boat, you know. Didn't have a work visa but dug a tunnel under the Thames anyway.

Bloody foreigners, coming over here and doing useful stuff. Shouldn't be allowed.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4984 on: 01 November, 2021, 12:19:33 pm »
Ah the sound of diplomatic language in the morning.

France has 48 hrs to back down says Liz Truzz

I wonder if there are Tea Shops in the private bubble these fine examples of humanity live.

Or she’ll thcweam an' thcweam an' thcweam till she’s thick?

[“She's already thick!” – Ed.]

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #4985 on: 02 November, 2021, 11:52:35 am »
Avid collector of Twat Miles and alleged The Prime Minister Bloody Stupid Johnson, after exhorting us riff-raff to wear masks in crowded public spaces, rocked up at COP26 yesterday and plonked himself, mask-free, between the mask-toting duo of the Secretary-General of the UN and (Inter)National Treasure Sir D Attenborough.  And then fell asleep.  Former Torygraph hack Tim Walker reckons this is because Bloody Stupid “still drinks like he is a lot younger than he is”, which is a polite way of saying he’s taking the Winston Churchill fanboism a step too far.

Alexander Boris Bloody Stupid de Pfeffel Johnson: Super-Twat.

« Reply #4986 on: 02 November, 2021, 01:12:43 pm »
Avid collector of Twat Miles and alleged The Prime Minister Bloody Stupid Johnson, after exhorting us riff-raff to wear masks in crowded public spaces, rocked up at COP26 yesterday and plonked himself, mask-free, between the mask-toting duo of the Secretary-General of the UN and (Inter)National Treasure Sir D Attenborough.  And then fell asleep.  Former Torygraph hack Tim Walker reckons this is because Bloody Stupid “still drinks like he is a lot younger than he is”, which is a polite way of saying he’s taking the Winston Churchill fanboism a step too far.

Alexander Boris Bloody Stupid de Pfeffel Johnson: Super-Twat.

Yes,  you'd have expected that picture to have made a few front pages......   https://www.tomorrowspapers.co.uk......         imagine if it had been Corbyn. 

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4987 on: 02 November, 2021, 01:44:06 pm »
If ever there was a graphic illustrated that the man is not fit to be a Prime Minister.  :facepalm:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4988 on: 03 November, 2021, 07:31:46 am »
Andrea Loathsome.

One rule for us ...

« Reply #4989 on: 03 November, 2021, 07:53:03 am »
Unfortunately there is no Blair to exploit this.  Starmer will just bleat away for a bit and barely get any coverage.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #4990 on: 03 November, 2021, 08:14:46 am »
Scotland is set to miss its emission targets by a large amount. This is due to an enormous pile of decomposing bullshit in Glasgow.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #4991 on: 03 November, 2021, 08:59:04 am »
Scotland is set to miss its emission targets by a large amount. This is due to an enormous pile of decomposing bullshit in Glasgow.

All those unnecessary flights in and out will not have helped either ...  😏

« Reply #4992 on: 03 November, 2021, 11:40:41 am »
But didn't I read that international flights don't count towards a nation's CO2 emissions ?
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #4993 on: 03 November, 2021, 12:12:00 pm »
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

« Reply #4994 on: 03 November, 2021, 01:40:55 pm »
I’ve never liked this line of argument. Small numbers of flights are fine. It’s the rest of us idjits expecting to do it that’s the problem.

It’s also pretty close to “I bet that climate protestor has been in a car hahahaha” bullshiterry.

« Reply #4995 on: 03 November, 2021, 01:45:59 pm »
Except in this case thousands of people really didn't need to fly to the UK.  If we haven't learned that we can do online meetings and conferencing quite effectively by now then we really aren't taking climate change seriously, nor are we giving a fuck about it.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #4996 on: 03 November, 2021, 02:29:16 pm »
Except in this case thousands of people really didn't need to fly to the UK.  If we haven't learned that we can do online meetings and conferencing quite effectively by now then we really aren't taking climate change seriously, nor are we giving a fuck about it.

I refer you to my statement in the COP26 thread. Agitating about the participants flying to engage in face-to-face talks is a distraction from the purpose of the talks. You might like to note that the preliminary talks, which were held virtually, achieved almost nothing simply because of the issues of trying to get online discussions working across many timezones simultaneously. To believe that such important discussions can be effectively achieved this way can only come from an inadequate appreciation of the practicalities. The emissions from the travels of the participants to and from this event are most likely a tiny proportion of those caused by this morning's rush hour in, say, Birmingham.

« Reply #4997 on: 03 November, 2021, 03:17:11 pm »
I’ve mostly learned this past year that online meetings are boring AF and nothing much gets achieved.

If getting people in the same room talking face to face is what actually results in progress, then it seems a reasonable return on investment, carbon wise.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4998 on: 03 November, 2021, 04:43:32 pm »
Tories. All of them.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #4999 on: 03 November, 2021, 04:55:54 pm »
Most meetings are boring AF and nothing is achieved unless there is a will.  You could be 10,000 miles apart physically but have the will and desire and it would get done. 

Meeting paralysis is a disease of our time. 

As somebody even more informed says, blah, blah, blah.