Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897086 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #5650 on: 22 May, 2022, 08:05:09 pm »
He's definitely stupid.  I just hope he’s not contagious as well.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #5651 on: 23 May, 2022, 04:08:31 pm »
Idrissa Gueye, and all his twitter apologists
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61492696
Fine. Let him skip matches.
Dock his pay by the amount of potential impact that has on the club's progress.
Don't like UK attitudes to homosexual people? We aren't stopping you from going back to Senegal.

I can understand where apologists start from, is it acceptable for your employer to demand that you promote X political issue?  Would it be okay for his employer to ask him to wear a top that promotes the FN for example?
But it doesn't take that much thought to realise that sportspeople are already sandwich boards for advertisers (that they may or may not agree with) and that (as mrcharly says) if you don't want to do your job you should face the consequences.  Especially in sports where the money from your image rights is linked to your being a role model/commodity, which should indeed preclude you from being a ST.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5652 on: 23 May, 2022, 07:52:15 pm »
is it acceptable for your employer to demand that you promote X political issue?  Would it be okay for his employer to ask him to wear a top that promotes the FN for example?

Can't remember who it was, but there was one footballer who came in for an awful lot of stick from the gammonati last year for refusing to wear a shirt emblazoned with a poppy.

It's fine to stand up for what you believe in. But it's also fine for other people to think you're a colossal bellend because of what you believe in. That's one of the benefits of living in a democracy. Unlike living in Senegal, where homosexuality is illegal.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #5653 on: 23 May, 2022, 09:28:52 pm »
^ I do think that’s different.  There’s lots of nuance to what the poppy represents and it is defo closer on the likely scale to taking political sides.  LGBT branding on the psg top is not promoting lgbt, it’s opposing people being dicks to lgbt people.

citoyen

« Reply #5654 on: 23 May, 2022, 10:00:57 pm »
LGBT branding on the psg top is not promoting lgbt, it’s opposing people being dicks to lgbt people.

Exactly!

« Reply #5655 on: 26 May, 2022, 01:31:05 pm »
Conservative MP Richard Bacon https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61587994

"You haven't gone and investigated it but there are one and a half million people who work in the NHS. I bet if you tried hard enough you could find some people letting their hair down who were working 24/7 in the NHS as well."

::-)

« Reply #5656 on: 26 May, 2022, 02:32:22 pm »
Conservative MP Richard Bacon https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-61587994

"You haven't gone and investigated it but there are one and a half million people who work in the NHS. I bet if you tried hard enough you could find some people letting their hair down who were working 24/7 in the NHS as well."

If you tried really hard, it might be possible to find a brain cell in Richard Bacon's skull (but I doubt it).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #5657 on: 26 May, 2022, 03:41:32 pm »
It has reached hysterical levels of comparison now, while there were bacchanalian parties at number 10 (seriously, someone spilled red wine at one of them and then there was the time when someone didn't go to bed till 4am, crazy stuff!), poor NHS workers were working 28 hour days, nine days a week, working so hard they often didn't even eat for eight months at a time, pausing only briefly to scourge themselves in supplication to the greater good.

I mean, Johnson should go because he's a lying liar who lies a lot and all his cohorts can only aspire to basic incompetence, but I can't bring myself to care that he had a leaving do (that sadly wasn't his own).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5658 on: 26 May, 2022, 03:43:44 pm »

Looks like gammon.

Should I put this observation on the 'Nominative Determinism' thread?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5659 on: 26 May, 2022, 04:43:51 pm »

Quite possibly you could indeed find such people, Gammon-boi, but you won’t find any of them repeatedly lying to Parliament about it.

« Reply #5660 on: 26 May, 2022, 11:29:24 pm »
I mean, Johnson should go because he's a lying liar who lies a lot and all his cohorts can only aspire to basic incompetence, but I can't bring myself to care that he had a leaving do (that sadly wasn't his own).
I can.
We couldn't go to funerals.  People were dropped off on the curb outside A&E.  But because "people had been working hard" it was okay to "mark the occasion" of colleagues leaving.
Like fuck it's ok.
Sure, he's done worse, but that doesn't make this OK.  Now that we know that they will break the law whenever they feel like it, why stop now?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #5661 on: 27 May, 2022, 06:41:52 am »
I don't think you will find anyone who was working in the health service did anything of the sort, they would have been a) far too knackered after a day's hard* work to do anything but swill down some food and fall into bed and b) very, very aware of the consequences of doing anything that increased transmission having spent all day dealing with those consequences.

*I have to say that I doubt that any of those in No. 10 know what unremitting *hard* work that leaves you utterly bone weary looks like and that using that as an excuse for what was done compounds the offence in my eyes.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #5662 on: 27 May, 2022, 06:44:58 am »
It was Laurence Fox's birthday yesterday  and he celebrated it by losing a libel battle and being ordered to pay his opponents £36k costs (on too of his own £116k costs).

Happy birthday Laurence 🎂

ian

« Reply #5663 on: 27 May, 2022, 09:02:37 am »
I can.
We couldn't go to funerals.  People were dropped off on the curb outside A&E.  But because "people had been working hard" it was okay to "mark the occasion" of colleagues leaving.
Like fuck it's ok.
Sure, he's done worse, but that doesn't make this OK.  Now that we know that they will break the law whenever they feel like it, why stop now?

Well, like I say, perhaps these were the bigger crimes.

« Reply #5664 on: 27 May, 2022, 09:37:35 am »
It was Laurence Fox's birthday yesterday  and he celebrated it by losing a libel battle and being ordered to pay his opponents £36k costs (on too of his own £116k costs).

Happy birthday Laurence 🎂
Never thought that Laurence's birthday could make me smile.

He hasn't actually lost the libel case, as far as I can tell. That hasn't gone to trial. He's lost his appeal to have the libel case heard by jury.

So there is hope that he'll be hit with more court costs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #5665 on: 27 May, 2022, 09:47:12 am »
AND lose the case and have to fork out loadsa compo to the aggrieved parties, inna-Hatey-Cockpins-stylee.  Bring it!

ian

« Reply #5666 on: 27 May, 2022, 01:00:27 pm »
I'm not sure where to put this one, but given this thread is her natural home, has anyone seen the latest Mad Nad Joint (downstreamable on TikTok)?

Imagine your mum, if she tried to rap, after drinking a litre of cheap gin. Then multiply it by two. Rosie Holt and co are going to have some trouble parodying this one. Watch this and remind yourself that she's a government minister. Then reach for the gin, you're going to need it.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5667 on: 27 May, 2022, 01:09:58 pm »
I did, but - fortunately - without the sound.

I assume some internet-savvy younger staff member who's facing a partygate-related career nosedive put her up to it.

ian

« Reply #5668 on: 27 May, 2022, 01:11:34 pm »
It one of those occasions where subtitles really don't do it justice.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5669 on: 27 May, 2022, 01:14:56 pm »

citoyen

« Reply #5670 on: 27 May, 2022, 03:33:57 pm »
I'm not sure where to put this one, but given this thread is her natural home, has anyone seen the latest Mad Nad Joint (downstreamable on TikTok)?

Imagine your mum, if she tried to rap, after drinking a litre of cheap gin. Then multiply it by two. Rosie Holt and co are going to have some trouble parodying this one. Watch this and remind yourself that she's a government minister. Then reach for the gin, you're going to need it.

Since she ate kangaroo testicles* on national telly, nothing she does could possibly surprise me.

*or whatever gruesome animal part it was - no need to correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't need to know the details

« Reply #5671 on: 27 May, 2022, 09:04:23 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

« Reply #5672 on: 27 May, 2022, 09:17:15 pm »

Since she ate kangaroo testicles* on national telly, nothing she does could possibly surprise me.

This actually might.

Remember when Obama did the mic drop? It's so far from that it's actually in another universe.

« Reply #5673 on: 28 May, 2022, 01:30:26 am »

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #5674 on: 28 May, 2022, 09:47:09 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/27/boris-johnson-sue-gray-partygate

Quote: "No drive, no spine, very little vision: even science can’t explain the creatures clinging on to Johnson.
Marina Hyde".
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.