Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896859 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #5925 on: 18 September, 2022, 10:51:09 pm »
Yebbut the Harry Ramsden sale was years ago.
years and years ago. Let me just flex my googlefu

ETA:

Only 11 years ago in fact. The reason cited where as I’m said above, not enough money made and refurbishment would cost too much. I hadn’t realised that it’s new name (the Wetherby Whaler) is actually the name of a chain of fish and chip shops. Well, you live and learn.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5926 on: 22 September, 2022, 07:00:08 pm »
The minister for the 17th century calling other people Luddites. The mind boggles.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5927 on: 22 September, 2022, 07:59:40 pm »
I thought he was the minister for the 19th Century, which would make Luddites (in the original sense of uppity working class people) a prime concern.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5928 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:20:37 pm »
I thought he was the Honourable Member for 1685.  Or was that during The Enlightenment, in which case it’s unlikely?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

« Reply #5929 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:22:12 pm »
I thought he was the minister for the 19th Century, which would make Luddites (in the original sense of uppity working class people) a prime concern.

Either way, he is most certainly not a minister fit for the 21st century.

Also accusing those against fracking of being funded by Putin. Which is outrageous - and there is something seriously wrong with the functioning of parliament that he wasn't called out on it.

Especially when he himself has received funding from a sanctioned oligarch.

Absolutely scandalous behaviour from the tories in the house today. Coffey just as bad.

In the first days of the Truss administration, the only members of the cabinet who haven't disgraced themselves publicly are the ones who haven't spoken publicly yet.

« Reply #5930 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:38:58 pm »

Either way, he is most certainly not a minister fit for the 21st century.

Also accusing those against fracking of being funded by Putin. Which is outrageous - and there is something seriously wrong with the functioning of parliament that he wasn't called out on it.

Especially when he himself has received funding from a sanctioned oligarch.

Absolutely scandalous behaviour from the tories in the house today. Coffey just as bad.

In the first days of the Truss administration, the only members of the cabinet who haven't disgraced themselves publicly are the ones who haven't spoken publicly yet.

TBF, that's hardly a surprise is it ?
Rust never sleeps

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5931 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:44:54 pm »
It’s almost enough to cause one to pine for those halcyon days of joined up and effective government we had under BSJ…
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

citoyen

Super-Twat
« Reply #5932 on: 22 September, 2022, 08:51:50 pm »
TBF, that's hardly a surprise is it ?

I'm slightly surprised by quite how hard and how fast they are setting about wrecking absolutely everything.

It's like they know they won't have long.

ETA: as someone on twitter described it, it’s a smash and grab raid.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #5933 on: 23 September, 2022, 03:54:45 pm »
The Orange Ogre - aka Trump - has a civil suit against it by New York Attorney General Letitia James. Because James is mid-brown, the OO is saying that it's racially motivated; for once it's correct - James is very obviously human race and the OO, er, isn't, like all the other members of the Gormless Old Pillocks).
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #5935 on: 25 September, 2022, 08:15:48 pm »
You beat me to it.
What an absolute bell end.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #5936 on: 25 September, 2022, 08:20:10 pm »
It's a pretty incoherent letter he sent, but then he is nearly 80.

He was on RT a week before the invasion saying that talk of invasion was bullshit, and anti-Russian propaganda.

orraloon

• I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard
« Reply #5937 on: 25 September, 2022, 08:58:10 pm »
Oh dear, one can see why Wright + Gilmour went anti Waters, while Nick Mason bless him, saw his excellent Saucerful of Secrets band a few months ago, went whatevs.  Waters been advertising his 'final tour' recently.  That'll go well now.  Hey You!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5938 on: 25 September, 2022, 10:54:14 pm »
Wright was also fired from the band and brought back as effectively a session musician.  By Waters.  I gave up on Floyd post-Animals and only returned to the fold after Waters had buggered off.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5939 on: 28 September, 2022, 02:31:30 pm »
Liz Truss and especially KK, for not,only crashing the UK economy in record time, but also for sticking their fingers in their ears and singing LA LA LA LA very Loudly.

In fact the only thing stopping me creating a new Super C thread especially for them is that Rog would probably get a bit cross.

citoyen

« Reply #5940 on: 28 September, 2022, 04:52:07 pm »
Serial offender Daniel Hannan, who is blaming Keir Starmer for all this, saying the pound is crashing because the markets fear the possibility that he could be PM in two years time.

Absolute fucking fruitcake.

Also the Daily Mail and Daily Express for running "Look! Squirrels!" (or words to that effect) as their front page splashes today, with no mention of anything actually newsworthy.

(ETA: I see this has already been discussed in t'other thread)

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5941 on: 12 October, 2022, 10:41:29 am »
Rees-Mogg makes a predictable return to these hallowed halls, this time for saying that the BBC is anti-Tory for reporting that the mini-budget caused market turmoil.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #5942 on: 12 October, 2022, 02:25:42 pm »

« Reply #5943 on: 12 October, 2022, 02:34:53 pm »
Graham Stuart gaslighting  :facepalm:

But Stuart disagreed: “You have given me these assertions from these various bodies.”

“Scientific research, I think it is called,” said Lewis.

We really are stuffed. Government ministers are starting to sound like flat earth idiots.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

« Reply #5944 on: 12 October, 2022, 02:53:12 pm »

See also: the haunted pencil accusing a BBC reporter of failing to be impartial because he dared ask him a question about policy.

>:(

« Reply #5945 on: 12 October, 2022, 03:26:33 pm »

But Stuart disagreed: “You have given me these assertions from these various bodies.”

“Scientific research, I think it is called,” said Lewis.

We really are stuffed. Government ministers are starting to sound like flat earth idiots.

I did like this response from Lewis: “So I hear what you are saying, but it seems from my perspective and, I imagine, the public’s perspective, that you are talking about 100 new licences, more exploration, more oil coming out of the ground. It sounds like you are peeing on our heads and telling us it is raining.”

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #5946 on: 12 October, 2022, 03:38:06 pm »
Truss, of course, for failing the Turing Test.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #5947 on: 14 October, 2022, 12:09:23 pm »
Kriss Akabusi, if only for being interviewed on GB News by Farage.

citoyen

« Reply #5948 on: 14 October, 2022, 12:38:24 pm »
Whichever shower of cunts is in charge of Royal Mail right now.

« Reply #5949 on: 14 October, 2022, 03:28:20 pm »
Whichever shower of cunts is in charge of Royal Mail right now.

And the majority of the shareholders, who should be the ones stumping up the cash to support the business, not bleeding it dry.