Author Topic: Bewustlose Personen aus dem Vm  (Read 1607 times)

Aushiker

• Cyclist, bushwalker, phottographer (amaturer)
    • Aushiker: Bicycling and Hiking in Western Australia
Bewustlose Personen aus dem Vm
« on: 07 May, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »
Google Translate comes back with "Victim is unconscious persons from the Vm" which is probably getting a little dramatic.

The video is fun but ...

http://youtu.be/pyRIV2Q5RO8

Andrew

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Re: Bewustlose Personen aus dem Vm
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2013, 02:35:02 pm »
I think it means there's a numpty who got in and can't unclick his feet!

A Vm would be a Velomobil, I guess.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 07 May, 2013, 03:04:25 pm »
I assume that's an experiment to see how easy it isn't to extract an unconscious person from a velomobile in the event of an accident.

« Reply #3 on: 07 May, 2013, 03:38:50 pm »

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2013, 03:46:52 pm »
I cant' imaging the Brigade of Fire messing about like that when they've got all those lovely di9structive tools available on their truck  ??? :facepalm:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 07 May, 2013, 04:14:15 pm »
It takes time for the brigade of fire to arrive...

I suppose you could make a easily-removed-in-emergency hatch to get access to the feet area for this sort of thing, but I expect it would be about as useful as a cycle helmet.

« Reply #6 on: 07 May, 2013, 08:11:20 pm »
I am not sure this video is appropriate!

Taken out of context there are quite a few frames that could be declared NSFW

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7 on: 07 May, 2013, 09:02:55 pm »
I'm not sure Joe Public or even Josef Mensch would realise the unconscious Velomobilist is stuck by his feet. In the case of a nuprite it would of course be obvious, but I wouldn't expect them to have any idea how to release clipless pedals - though it wouldn't matter so much as you'd just remove shoes.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #8 on: 07 May, 2013, 09:10:24 pm »
Probably a response to this incident. http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=95728
I suspect that's right. One of the contributors to the thread on www.velomobil-forum.de, who was one of the first riders to come across CAS's motionless Milan, says that they couldn't get him out to attempt resuscitation because they couldn't get him unclipped - they couldn't even get to his shoes.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9 on: 07 May, 2013, 10:48:04 pm »
Thinking about it, I can't imagine even a relatively sturdy velomobile fairing not succumbing to a bit of sufficiently urgent swiss army knife abuse.  Of course, that depends on someone having an implement...

« Reply #10 on: 08 May, 2013, 07:54:30 am »
This is an argument in favor of foot openings. Daniel from Beyss in this video is demonstrating the problem with the Evo series, that has none. The Milan has 1 opening afaik, and Dutch velomobiles have two. You'd still have to put the bike on it's side to find out though, but I reckon that's the easiest way to get an unconscious person out of it anyway.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #11 on: 08 May, 2013, 08:14:49 am »
I don't think the people in the video are skilled in moving and handling.
Getting there...