Author Topic: Haaland highwater  (Read 904 times)

Haaland highwater
« on: 04 December, 2023, 06:24:03 pm »
FA not to charge Haaland as an individual, following visible proof that he may be a dangerous psychopath.

Surely there are aesthetic grounds for action against him?  Look at the picture.   He is a fabulous footballer, but would you really want that visiting your child in Manchester's Children's Hospital this Christmas?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67618251

Re: Haaland highwater
« Reply #1 on: 05 December, 2023, 07:14:42 am »
I guess he's paid for his soccer rather than his looks, not a flattering photo and more than a passing resemblance to 'Predator' i thought.

He really wasn't happy with the decision, was he?

A

« Reply #2 on: 05 December, 2023, 12:43:17 pm »
Did seem to be slightly anxious!

I should perhaps add a little context.  A friend of mine was until recently Lead Nurse at Manchester Children's Hospital and, though a mild Manchester United supporter himself, has always said how great it was when the footballers visited at Christmas and he particularly singled out City manager Pep Guardiola, who occasionally cried at the bedside.  Haaland may in fact be a gentle giant, but if you can get that hysterical at a ref's decision what would he do if you nicked his parking space(s)?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3 on: 05 December, 2023, 03:52:53 pm »
It's simple: football should adopt rugby's approach and only allow the captain to speak to the referee. Dissent like we saw from Harland rewarded with a red card and a ban.

« Reply #4 on: 05 December, 2023, 03:55:30 pm »
It's simple: football should adopt rugby's approach and only allow the captain to speak to the referee. Dissent like we saw from Harland rewarded with a red card and a ban.

They tried that at the start of the season.  One of a raft of new "rules".  Lasted about 2 weeks, along with most of the others.
The sound of one pannier flapping