Author Topic: Peter Kay's X Factor program  (Read 1149 times)

Si

Peter Kay's X Factor program
« on: 13 October, 2008, 10:33:32 am »
Ha, laffed my hod off at that one. 

The real irony was that some of the 'failure' acts at the beginning were more entertaining than the real X Factor finalists!

Pete Waterman's comments about the whistle and the sex change woman's (Peter Kay in drag) lips- classic.

Just annoyed that I missed the end as I was forced to switch over for Frost.

border-rider

Re: Peter Kay's X Factor program
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2008, 10:40:13 am »
It was way too close to what it was parodying for me. 

I was struggling to like it, but the participants weren't very much more silly or grotesque, or crap, than X Factor's...which I hate with a passion -  and some of that passion transferred I'm afraid.

Really Ancien

« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2008, 10:51:03 am »
I'm way too uptight about comedy, a wry smile and a nod at some particularly clever bit is all I usually stretch to, so if I actually lose control and laugh I count it as an excellent investment of my time, the moment when the girls in 'two up two down' flew on wires was quite good and 'R Wayne's' vent act singing 'Ebony and Ivory' was a classic. I haven't seen the second bit as we went down the pub. I thought Lionel Blair was good.

Damon.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2008, 11:51:55 am »

I was struggling to like it, but the participants weren't very much more silly or grotesque, or crap, than X Factor's...which I hate with a passion -  and some of that passion transferred I'm afraid.

That sums up how I felt too.

And I have to take issue with R Wayne being a Geordie. We don't say "Our Wayne", we say "Wor Wayne".  >:(

I did like Geraldine's medley though... segueing from Free Nelson Mandela into Umbrellla was funny. And I liked Paul McCartney helping "her" with the TV theme tune medley.

a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #4 on: 13 October, 2008, 01:20:02 pm »

This was pretty much how I felt although some bits were funny.

Rob and I agreed that some people tuning in would probably think it was real...like his mum.

But then, Rob's mum also thought Shirley Ghostman was real (spoof ghost programme).

D0m1n1c Burford

« Reply #5 on: 13 October, 2008, 01:24:29 pm »
I started off watching it, but was also on the laptop too so was a bit distracted, and my wife switched over to watch Strictly Come Dancing.  It took over ten minutes before I realised  ;D

Rob S

« Reply #6 on: 13 October, 2008, 06:47:17 pm »
There were a couple of funny moments, Cat Deeley telling the audience to shut the fuck up, and her announcement that they'd had 37 million votes and the gap was only 6 etc...but it wasn't in the same league as Phoenix Nights. Didn't know it was in two parts so missed the second bit.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #7 on: 13 October, 2008, 08:10:04 pm »

Yep.

That's about the measure of it.

C'mon Mr Kay.

Find your form, son.

H

LEE

« Reply #8 on: 14 October, 2008, 10:50:38 pm »
I was disappointed but then again it's almost impossible to parody X-Factor when it does such of great job itself.  All you end up with is a remake of X-Factor.

Anyone spot Brian Potter's girlfriend, Beverley in "2 up - 2 Down"?

A bonus point for knowing Beverley's surname.