Author Topic: wiggington gps help  (Read 1253 times)

wiggington gps help
« on: 05 May, 2012, 12:09:09 am »

i am trying to plot a route for the wiggy 300 on the brtyon bridge (brytons mapping software) but keep getting lost around the 28k route! is there a quicker way to plot a route as at this rate i could ride it faster! or does anyone have a file ,gpx etc.this is my first effort at using gps so its all very new to me.cheers
 :)
or even any advice?

Re: wiggington gps help
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2012, 12:10:40 am »
Map it on www.bikeroutetoaster.com, download as track or route, upload to your GPS using GPSBabel
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #2 on: 05 May, 2012, 12:29:08 am »
will i be able to map a course in less than the 24 hours it looks as though it will take me on the other system?

« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2012, 09:51:37 am »
I plot mine as a GPX on bikehike and then just export it to the Bryton 50. I don't tend to find the BrytonBridge mapping site as user friendly as bikehike, bikeroutetoaster etc. Once you are used to the system you should be able to plot a 300km course in the space of 10/15 mins.

« Reply #4 on: 05 May, 2012, 07:36:54 pm »
it took me much much longer than that to do the 25k's worth on the bryton site,but i did struggle once i got to that point as the road did not seem to match up to measurements on the route sheet :)

« Reply #5 on: 05 May, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »
I found this - not sure whether it's the correct route for this year, though.

« Reply #6 on: 05 May, 2012, 07:54:45 pm »
excellent and very impressive,i am not sure it is correct,i will double check with the route sheet later but even if some of it wrong it may give me a greater understanding of where i went wrong,many thanks for the heads up  :)