Author Topic: Sam Weller's day trip to Wochma - 200k - Tewkesbury - Saturday February 6th.  (Read 12113 times)

Great to read so many accounts of the day's adventures. Think its time to knock this event on the head, the action of one cupid stunt has not acted "In the best possible taste".
????
You best have a look at https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=95810.0 it could probably serve to be the straw that breaks the back. I don't mind a challenge, but along with the increase in abuse from some members in the last few years makes me wonder if life might be more less stressful by becoming a civil enforcement officer.

Mark I am really sorry to read this and your thoughts of pulling plug on the 200; those of your events that I`ve ridden I`ve thoroughly enjoyed, great routes, good organisation and a lot of thought , effort planning put in by yourself. They have enabled me to ride in areas I`d not normally visit from here as well as being good challenges.
It is a real disgrace that as an organiser you have had to deal with (totally inexcusable) abuse on occasions ---be  assured that they are in the vast minority and that so many AUKs support and enjoy your events  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

I agree, as someone fairly new to Audax I have only ridden one of Mark's events but found it a superbly organised, enjoyable ride.

The Paypal dispute is one thing but "abuse from members". That sounds awful, why would anyone want to abuse someone who has dedicated a serious amount of their free time, unpaid, to ensure that you have a great days cycling is absolutely beyond me.

Great to read so many accounts of the day's adventures. Think its time to knock this event on the head, the action of one cupid stunt has not acted "In the best possible taste".
????
You best have a look at https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=95810.0 it could probably serve to be the straw that breaks the back. I don't mind a challenge, but along with the increase in abuse from some members in the last few years makes me wonder if life might be more less stressful by becoming a civil enforcement officer.
My wife says I should be a traffic warden! If the person isn't an AUK member, then are they CTC? Ilike the fact you think about the controls, and happily go fir a garden centre cafe than convenvience store (even though it meant a bit more cycling and wslking my bike through the centre). Keep your chin up!
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
????

Mark I am really sorry to read this and your thoughts of pulling plug on the 200; those of your events that I`ve ridden I`ve thoroughly enjoyed, great routes, good organisation and a lot of thought , effort planning put in by yourself. They have enabled me to ride in areas I`d not normally visit from here as well as being good challenges.
It is a real disgrace that as an organiser you have had to deal with (totally inexcusable) abuse on occasions ---be  assured that they are in the vast minority and that so many AUKs support and enjoy your events  :thumbsup:

+ 1
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

Fantastic ride at the weekend,  Severn bridge a bit iffy but as the wind was quite consistent as opposed to gusty it was OK to lean into it, grit teeth, pray intensely and ride across the sky to England.  Relieved to arrive at Severn view! Standing water made life interesting as well up around Gloucester!

Many thanks to mark for another great event  :)