Author Topic: [HAMR] Keeping going for 365 days? I just don't think it's possible.  (Read 2233 times)

I'm sorry to have to say this but honestly I don't think I'll be able to keep this up for 365 days.

The stress of wondering how Steve's doing every single day for the rest of the year will probably finish me off.

There, I've said it. I'm not made of strong enough material...
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Re: Keeping going for 365 days? I just don't think it's possible.
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2015, 04:42:40 pm »
Pace yourself, and perhaps build in a few easy days and the occasional rest day. You'll be fine. Watch your nutrition, though.

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2015, 04:45:19 pm »
Look Wobbly, I know this is a difficult task that you've set before you but if you take that sort of mindset then you've no chance. Of course you really should have considered this before you started but, as it stands, I don't think you can quit now. A lot of people are depending on you.

Perhaps it's a little bit late to the game but maybe you should set up a website to track your progress through the year. Maybe you could advertise for a support crew and solicit donations to help you along the way. I, for one, am prepared to offer a cup of tea and a piece of cake if you commit to seeing this through to the end.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2015, 05:06:40 pm »
I think your lack of training is showing itself.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2015, 05:28:36 pm »
Don't forget the electrolytes

Join a group to share the work.

« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2015, 05:31:09 pm »
Just take the time to maintain hydration.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2015, 05:37:28 pm »
I think your lack of training is showing itself.

This is the key.

I've been preparing for 6 weeks, adjusting my chair height, lining up coffee mugs ready, and getting used to the wait for the tracking data to come in.

It's my team that is failing - having to wash up my crockery and wash my own underwear has forced me to miss some data points.
It is simpler than it looks.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2015, 05:47:10 pm »
I think Steve is scheduled to be Wobbly's "home support" in a couple of weeks time.

he can sort out clean crockery, force-feed W some vegetable soup, give him a massage and a pep-talk.

Can you make it till then, Mr W? Should we be canvassing for some emergency home-help?   :-\
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:27:07 pm »
Don't start beating your self up over this yet, Wobbers.  It's natural you will experience low periods from time to time in an event as grueling as this.  You just need to commit to working your way through it.  OK, it's happened pretty early on which would suggest that you've not been to the pub recently.  C'mon, admit it, you haven't have you?  There must be a pub with WiFi somewhere nearby.

Good luck, matey, we're all behind you.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #9 on: 06 January, 2015, 07:02:04 pm »
Just MTFU ;)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #10 on: 06 January, 2015, 07:28:34 pm »
Just MTFU ;)

;D  ;D

OK, that's actually the reply we've all been tip toeing around. Well done Paul.  :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.