Author Topic: [HAMR] What has Steve inspired you to do?  (Read 20117 times)

Re: What has Steve inspired you to do?
« Reply #150 on: 23 December, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »
Has Steve perhaps inspired you to partake of your own mini HAMR?  If so, Mileater 2016 is for you.

macnark

• Cake and Tea solves all.
« Reply #151 on: 23 December, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »
Thanks to Steve, I have succeeded in my plan to commute by bike to work every day this year, a modest 35 miles round trip, but the car has remained parked on the drive Mon-Fri all day, every week and today was the last commute of the year, so good on ya Steve!

I also rode 365km on July 4 and raised a bunch of cash for a local hospice, again thanks in part to Steve.
Not only that, I fell short of my target of 640km for that day due to a tummy bug :-P

I'll carry on in a similar vein for 2016 - it is nothing compared to what Steve is doing, but emphasises to me just how big a challenge the chap is facing.

FORZA STEVE!

« Reply #152 on: 23 December, 2015, 06:08:57 pm »
For me knowing that Steve has been out there in all weathers and times has made me try a bit more to drag myself out of bed and get on the bike. Each and every time I have been so glad I did it, it's never as bad out there as it looks (well rarely)

Next year I am expecting to do less mileage but my youngest daughter is keen to get on the bike and we have set a target of a 50km brevet for the summer so I am looking forward to getting some reward in a different place.

Which 50km were you thinking about? Have not mentioned this yet but then the 20miles we did in the summer were not planned and now we have a bike with larger wheels.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #153 on: 23 December, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »
I don't think Steve has inspired me to do anything specifically, but he's been in mind on many occasions where a bit of HTFU has been required.

That.

Totally.  When the weather's been a bit shit, or ICBA, just knowing that Steve's out there doing another 300+km day, and he'll be out there tomorrow, has been enough to get me out on the bike or keep going if I am out already.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

simonp

« Reply #154 on: 23 December, 2015, 10:05:42 pm »
Enter 80h PBP. Because he said back in 2011 that I was fast enough.

« Reply #155 on: 23 December, 2015, 11:54:00 pm »
Enter 80h PBP. Because he said back in 2011 that I was fast enough.

Pretty good.  He said he thought I'd crack 400.  I got 412.5.