Author Topic: [HAMR] Hosting Teethgrinder  (Read 8639 times)

Re: Hosting Teethgrinder
« Reply #50 on: 14 January, 2015, 10:21:42 pm »
I can't speak for Steve but when we're eating fat for fuel we put the sausages in freezer bags and chop the cheese into sticks/chunks about cm square.
Babybels have the packaging thing sorted but you can't eat them on the move (unless you have a stoker to unwrap them for you).

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #51 on: 14 January, 2015, 10:34:07 pm »
PC is a preference, not a requirement. We had both running when he arrived and asked which he preferred. He had only used a PC before.

I'm assuming it's just open strava.com, hit "manual upload" and select the file from the connected Garmin.
If he's not already, if someone gently points Steve towards how to do all this via a Chrome Incognito window (or IE/Safari's private browsing or whatever) and then close it when all done, this could really pay off over a whole year of promiscuous PC usage.

(Last week guest used my laptop for facebook when I wasn't looking, and then when I went to do Strava stuff I was doing so on their account without realizing it for a while. I'd *really hate* for this to happen to Steve, as worst case tracks maybe deleted, or junk uploaded and the legitimacy of the entire account called into question. On one hand I'm panicking over nothing, but otoh I've seen even sillier errors happen when sleep deprived).

« Reply #52 on: 14 January, 2015, 10:35:58 pm »
I can't speak for Steve but when we're eating fat for fuel we put the sausages in freezer bags and chop the cheese into sticks/chunks about cm square.
Babybels have the packaging thing sorted but you can't eat them on the move (unless you have a stoker to unwrap them for you).
Right, so a handfull of cooked sausages in a freezer / ziplock bag is ok?

There are lots of cheesy stick things (yes, I'd looked at Babybels) but they all looked hard for Steve to unwrap on the go. If slicing a pound of cheese into sticks and dumping them into another ziplock/freezer bag is what Steve wants then that's easy.

Thanks L.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #53 on: 14 January, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »
I'm not sure he needs it chopped, I've seen him eating a block of cheese.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #54 on: 14 January, 2015, 11:32:52 pm »
Grated cheese in any quantity is inedible. Chunks should be fine.