Author Topic: [HAMR] 25th December - Teethgrinder Day 140/359  (Read 4508 times)

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
Re: 25th December - Teethgrinder Day 140/359
« Reply #25 on: 25 December, 2015, 12:57:59 pm »
From the tracker, looks like he's moving again!
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #26 on: 25 December, 2015, 12:58:49 pm »
Quick, someone get a tyre to the BP on the A505  Support team to the rescue.

If he needed a tyre, surely he'd have mentioned it in the tweet.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 25 December, 2015, 12:59:09 pm »
From the tracker, looks like he's moving again!

:thumbsup:  Go Steve!

« Reply #28 on: 25 December, 2015, 01:04:09 pm »
Good.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: 25 December, 2015, 03:45:58 pm »
Looks like he's back in MK at 3:45 - a slice of Christmas pud and asprout?
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #30 on: 25 December, 2015, 04:46:41 pm »
A well earned Xmas lunch with luck. Merry Christmas Steve.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #31 on: 25 December, 2015, 05:54:12 pm »
Merry Christmas Steve.  You've kept all fascinated and entertained throughout the year.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #32 on: 25 December, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »
Merry Christmas Steve!

Go go bike hero!
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #33 on: 25 December, 2015, 06:36:34 pm »
From FaceBook

Here is a Christmas message and progress update from Steve Abraham - to all of you who've supported him through the year:

"As you are all probably aware, I have had a heavy loss of miles over the last 6 weeks or so.

That is down to a number of reasons.

Adaption to my new diet was very tough, but has all gone pretty much as expected.

My diet plan was modified so that I could take a few short cuts and also to account for my cycling demands. In theory I should not have been exercising for my first 2 weeks of adaption, which is why I lost so much weight.

My weight has been stable since my first week of adaption. My team and I took on the new diet for several reasons.

*Safeguarding my health so that I can keep going.

*Improving my performance (though that was not the main reason, it is a likelihood, even if only through speeding up my recovery, which I believe it could be doing).

*Practical reasons.

I was eating on the move during late summer and early autumn to save time. However, it wasn't working all that well because of the sheer volume of food I eat. It still takes time to prepare food to eat on the move and this was taking longer as the weather grew colder.

I could forsee spending as much time not moving as I did last winter. Once my new diet is in full flight I think I may be able to spend less time stopped in winter than I did last year, though this remains to be seen.

My new diet is well under way but not quite up to speed yet. I initially needed 4 big feeds a day and now only need 3.

Next step is to space out those feeds and I should also not need to eat as much for each feed, which will save even more time.

While my adaption was going on, there was also a lot of bad weather. Bad enough that trucks and busses were literally blown off the road!

My team and I anticipated the losses of Adaption for my new diet to be between 700-1000 miles. It was more like 1040, so considering the bad weather I would say we were pretty much spot on.

The next problem was my getting my stomach trouble, which hit the miles very hard. I never felt especially bad, except for one weekend, it just took it out of me as well as caused practical delays from toilet stops.

Tests were done at a private clinic and things seem to be on the up. Some results from my tests at the clinic are indicating that the new diet is improving my health and is working. I have felt much better in the last two days - and feel stronger.

I have been preparing myself for the tough winter ahead since September and now that my new diet is beginning to work and my tummy trouble seems to be going away, feel ready to take on winter with gusto.

With very nearly a year done I feel as if I have had a good warm up and ready to go. Thanks to my team for all of your hard work - and I include those who are no longer in the team.

I couldn't have done what I have without your help and support and I will never forget all that you have put in to help me even get started as well as keeping me going.

Also many thanks to the many people who have helped along the way by helping me get started as well as volunteering to help.

I also thank everyone who enjoys watching my progress and those who come out to cheer me along on the road.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all - and hope to see you on the road sometime next year.

Steve Abraham"

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #34 on: 25 December, 2015, 07:43:09 pm »
Thank you so much for copying that here.  I don't do Face ache so I could have missed it.

Steve.  Thanks for the update.  It's really good to read your thoughts and get an insight into how you're feeling.
Good luck matey and merry Christmas to you.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #35 on: 25 December, 2015, 08:46:49 pm »
Wow, on the move again!   :o  :thumbsup:
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #36 on: 25 December, 2015, 08:49:13 pm »
Back on the bowl, by the look of it...

« Reply #37 on: 25 December, 2015, 09:20:34 pm »
Good update, thanks steve.  Now we have word from the man himself about whats going on we can just watch him get on with it. Good luck steve and prove those who think your chances of getting the record have gone,are very wrong.

« Reply #38 on: 25 December, 2015, 10:02:32 pm »
Back on the bowl, by the look of it...

Oh lordy, not tummy troubles again? :(
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #39 on: 25 December, 2015, 10:19:05 pm »
Thanks for the update Steve.  :thumbsup:

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #40 on: 26 December, 2015, 06:25:23 am »
Really helpful update Steve.  It has been exceptionally windy over the last six weeks, so hopefully there will be some calm weather in the new year so that the miles become easier to eat.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)