Author Topic: cycling / training logs  (Read 1817 times)

cycling / training logs
« on: 30 August, 2009, 08:24:53 pm »
After having a go at the local crit and feeling rather slow, I decided to acquire a new toy to assist my training to get faster and hopefully perform better next time I try again crit/road racing.

I now own a swanky garmin Edge 705. Excellent first impressions. It worked a treat on its first outing with the club.

So, I am entering the wonderful world of data logging and analysis.

I tried mapmyride, garmin connect, ascent (mac), gpsies (didn't work ???). I have to say, I am unsure about what I'd like to settle on.

What do you use for your day to day logging and analysis needs? What do you look for when choosing such software/online service?

gonzo

Re: cycling / training logs
« Reply #1 on: 31 August, 2009, 10:58:44 am »
I use a great program called SportTracks. It's free and records just about everything! There is also a plugin that estimates your power which I quite like!

Re: cycling / training logs
« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2009, 06:09:23 am »
I use a great program called SportTracks. It's free and records just about everything!

Holy Cow! Thank you so much for that recommendation.

Sportracks, where have you been all my life!?

I love this app, it's just what I've wanted and I had no idea it existed.

Just plug the gps into the computer and Sportracks grabs all your tracks, logs them as rides in your personal diary, instantly shows where you've been in google maps, creates all the graphs and stats I want - WOOHOO!

And, it's free! What a result.

Thank's again.