Author Topic: Childrens Bike Trailers  (Read 2656 times)

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
Childrens Bike Trailers
« on: 01 March, 2011, 10:26:19 pm »
I've just purchased this childrens bicycle trailer, I was pulling them around in a home made cargo trailer and got bored with the strange looks of people so upgraded to something more specific. I have no idea of the make/model of this trailer. Anyone know if there any good ? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290537641864&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Re: Childrens Bike Trailers
« Reply #1 on: 01 March, 2011, 11:00:03 pm »
It looks like an identical design to an old Halfords one we had, but with different wheels - I think it's a generic design. The frame and hood are exactly the same. I'd say they are they are adequate. You definitely don't want to take liberties with your kids in it, compared to say a Croozer trailer, which feels like you could flip and the kids would still come out unharmed. It does feel pretty flimsy. We've since got one of the Chariot trailers with suspension for when we need to go faster than the cargotrike wants to.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #2 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:59:05 am »
Thanks DrMekon. I think Im more excited than the children about getting it  :)

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #3 on: 03 March, 2011, 10:32:29 pm »
I believe children under the age of 14 can legally cycle on the pavement ? So would I myself be breaking the law cycling on the pavement with them on my bike or would I have to cycle on the road ?

Also would I be breaking the law cycling on the pavement if the children were in a bicycle trailer being towed by myself ?

Some of the roads are so dangerous I have walked with the girls in the trailer in the past on the pavement.

« Reply #4 on: 04 March, 2011, 08:36:44 am »
I believe children under the age of 14 can legally cycle on the pavement ?

No - It's illegal for anybody of any age to cycle on the pavement, but there's a policy that it won't be enforced for under 14s. So strictly speaking, you should cycle on the road.

However, if you pass the attitude test, I'd be very surprised if anybody took issue with you accompanying your children. The same applies with the trailer. Strictly speaking, illegal, but it would be a harsh policeman who took issue with it, done sensibly...
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

« Reply #5 on: 04 March, 2011, 08:52:57 am »
I thought the legal age of responsibility was 10.
Rust never sleeps