Author Topic: Leakage, leakage everywhere  (Read 812 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Leakage, leakage everywhere
« on: 16 August, 2020, 10:43:46 am »
The coffee machine has decided that half of every brew should go to the drip tray. I can’t do anything about this because it’s fastened together with security torx. Which is just as well because I’ve since found out that it’s still under warranty. But the coffee machine is out of order !

This is bad. No, this is very bad.

But to make my life complete, the washing machine also has a puddle under it. I’ve already investigated this and declared it a dirty door seal. It would seem I am wrong, so after my ablutions I’ll be pulling the washing machine out of its niche again.

I woonder wat the third calamity will be...
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Leakage, leakage everywhere
« Reply #1 on: 16 August, 2020, 11:17:34 am »
You can have our boiler for no.3

Luckily, it’s the boiler in the annexe rather than in the main bit of the house so we still have hot water.

I discovered the problem yesterday evening when I went into the annexe and noticed all the power was off. Isolated the problem as the upstairs ring circuit tripping the main RCD, but took a while to root out the boiler as the cause as it’s downstairs.

Problem is, after a few hours heavy rain yesterday afternoon, it’s impossible to ascertain if the leak is the boiler itself or water coming in from outside. (Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to box in all the pipes.)

Also plenty of rain coming through the conservatory roof but we already knew the felt needs replacing. And our washing machine has been hors service for a while due to a leak - but we’ve got a spare machine in the annexe so have been using that.

I can feel a series of expensive repair bills coming on...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Re: Leakage, leakage everywhere
« Reply #2 on: 16 August, 2020, 12:01:21 pm »
You can have our boiler for no.3

Luckily, it’s the boiler in the annexe rather than in the main bit of the house so we still have hot water.

I discovered the problem yesterday evening when I went into the annexe and noticed all the power was off. Isolated the problem as the upstairs ring circuit tripping the main RCD, but took a while to root out the boiler as the cause as it’s downstairs.

Problem is, after a few hours heavy rain yesterday afternoon, it’s impossible to ascertain if the leak is the boiler itself or water coming in from outside. (Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to box in all the pipes.)

Also plenty of rain coming through the conservatory roof but we already knew the felt needs replacing. And our washing machine has been hors service for a while due to a leak - but we’ve got a spare machine in the annexe so have been using that.

I can feel a series of expensive repair bills coming on...

First World Problems is that way ->
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Leakage, leakage everywhere
« Reply #3 on: 16 August, 2020, 12:19:05 pm »
(Sings)
Once a month on a Friday there’s a man
With a mop and bucket in his hand
To him it's just another working day
So he whistles as he rubs and scrubs away
HOORAY!