Author Topic: Campag Ergo leaver in bits  (Read 1629 times)

Campag Ergo leaver in bits
« on: 26 April, 2020, 10:05:26 am »
Not sure if this is the correct place or not to post this - shout at me if it isn't and to where it needs to be transferred.

I have an inherited Campag Ergo lever, maximum 8 spd that is in an explosion of bits - don't ask why.  Anyone out there that can rebuild these?

HK

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
Re: Campag Ergo leaver in bits
« Reply #1 on: 26 April, 2020, 03:53:08 pm »
Brian Phillips ex Roberts mechanic might be able to do this. He is in North West London. If that's of interest I think I have his number. When he did some work on the tandem for us about 2 or 3 years ago,  I don't think he had an internet presence.

« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2020, 10:24:36 am »
Late reply (not been on forum for considerable time).

I found them quite easy to strip down and rebuild using online parts diagrams.    I did a post at the time.    Not sure how relevant that is to the one you have, or if the links are even live still, but feel free to look at http://www.nuttycyclist.co.uk/cycling/ergo-rebuild.htm and see if it helps in any way.

« Reply #3 on: 10 May, 2020, 11:02:16 am »
Mercian still do spares, if its still in bits why not buy new shifting springs. They wear out or break an easy repair, just done my old 10s levers as a spring was not holding the gear selected. Rear mech pull was stronger than the spring in lever, automatic down shifting if pedalling harder. 😩

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2020, 12:10:42 pm »
Velotech will presumably do it for you?