Author Topic: PBP Participant Dossier  (Read 3531 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
PBP Participant Dossier
« on: 19 June, 2019, 02:05:04 pm »
Folk may wish to check out PBP19 participant dossiers (including routesheets) in a variety of languages. Just unzip the file with the language you prefer.
http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2.php?lang=en&cat=inscription&page=dossier_participant
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Re: PBP Participant Dossier
« Reply #1 on: 19 June, 2019, 02:20:18 pm »
A couple of the documents mention an official bag drop facility at Rambouillet.  :thumbsup:

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 19 June, 2019, 02:25:47 pm »
They mention that you can leave a bag before the start and pick it up after the finish. That isn't a drop bag that they transport to a location along the route for you to access during the ride and then they bring back to the finish.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3 on: 19 June, 2019, 02:55:56 pm »
Well, whatever it’s called it’s exactly what I need.

4x5

« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2019, 08:51:03 pm »
I took the liberty to autoconvert the bunch of DOC files into a single PDF:

PBP19 Dossier participant - EN full.pdf
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o26tewmqw4wvaC6jZfwhjaMGGn_tqwrE

Individual files:
Google Drive: PBP19 Dossier participant - EN PDF
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qVYyHTnlZsEIoN-cCjceJKvIaW_4SoM7

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #5 on: 19 June, 2019, 09:44:37 pm »
Any chance someone could translate those maps?
 :-[

Was playing with the 90hr time schedule in Excel
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AlB7bV6RdTovhuM9sUQOHq9WHDt8eQ

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #6 on: 19 June, 2019, 11:15:09 pm »

Most of it's not that interesting — they look like planning maps, so fire extinguishers, electrical outlets, and where the caterer is allowed to park their van is all listed  ::-)

Basically follow the herd.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #7 on: 20 June, 2019, 10:13:37 am »

Most of it's not that interesting — they look like planning maps, so fire extinguishers, electrical outlets, and where the caterer is allowed to park their van is all listed  ::-)

Basically follow the herd.

Ah, I recognized Parking Velos, Grange nord remise dossier Etrangers and Toilettes but not seeing anything that looks like it could be "Bike check"
and was wondering what Pompiers had to do with it.

« Reply #8 on: 20 June, 2019, 10:30:53 am »
Ah, I recognized Parking Velos, Grange nord remise dossier Etrangers and Toilettes but not seeing anything that looks like it could be "Bike check"

Section C says the bike check happens in the “big tent close to the entrance”. I presume this is the same one as used for Sunday meal, so it’s marked “Restauration” on the map.

The instructions in section C match the red and blue arrows, telling you to park your bike and go to the “left barn” to get your documents, marked “grange nord remise dossier etrangers” on the map.

It looks like LEL will have a stand nearby (marked M).

« Reply #9 on: 20 June, 2019, 10:46:45 am »
As a PBP newbie, can I just check I'm understanding the control timetable correctly? I'm looking at the 90h timetable, which it says is based on 17:15 start, "to be adjusted to your real start time". So, for example, the closing time at Loudeac on the way out is given as 23:34 on the 19th. My start time is 19:30 (ie 2:15 after the 17:15 start time) so in order to be validated at that control I need to be there by 01:49 on the 20th. Is that right? (apologies if this is a dumb question - just want to make sure I'm clear on what time I need to be at each control)

« Reply #10 on: 20 June, 2019, 11:01:26 am »
That is correct    :thumbsup:

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #11 on: 20 June, 2019, 11:18:06 am »

Section C says the bike check happens in the “big tent close to the entrance”. I presume this is the same one as used for Sunday meal, so it’s marked “Restauration” on the map.

The instructions in section C match the red and blue arrows, telling you to park your bike and go to the “left barn” to get your documents, marked “grange nord remise dossier etrangers” on the map.

It looks like LEL will have a stand nearby (marked M).

ah feck, I read that and forgot by the time I was looking at the map.

Phil W

« Reply #12 on: 20 June, 2019, 12:05:32 pm »
As a PBP newbie, can I just check I'm understanding the control timetable correctly? I'm looking at the 90h timetable, which it says is based on 17:15 start, "to be adjusted to your real start time". So, for example, the closing time at Loudeac on the way out is given as 23:34 on the 19th. My start time is 19:30 (ie 2:15 after the 17:15 start time) so in order to be validated at that control I need to be there by 01:49 on the 20th. Is that right? (apologies if this is a dumb question - just want to make sure I'm clear on what time I need to be at each control)

Whatever you do, do not write the correct control closing times (for your start) in your brevet card. It will cause a lot of unnecessary fuss at some controls, like it did for me in 2015.  Just take the times from the dossier and adjust them on a seperate piece of paper, as per your actual start time.

« Reply #13 on: 23 June, 2019, 07:46:43 pm »
How do you get your parking permit? In the content page of the dossier it's says its e2. But only e1 and e4 are in there. Does it get sent later?

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14 on: 05 August, 2019, 08:02:25 pm »
How do you get your parking permit? In the content page of the dossier it's says its e2. But only e1 and e4 are in there. Does it get sent later?

I'm assuming thats the large PDF in the confirmation email with your rider number in it. ??
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #15 on: 06 August, 2019, 12:45:29 pm »
Looks like the contents page was not updated from 2015
see E1 in the dossier

1) Short stay parking: close to the park of the castle of Rambouillet.
Free outdoor parking for all types of vehicles (without reservation).

2) Parking for cars staying during PBP: inside the park of the castle of Rambouillet.
Outdoor parking to reserve at registration time (free from Friday 16 2 PM to Friday 23 9 AM)

3) Parking for camping-cars staying during PBP: inside the park of the castle of Rambouillet.
Outdoor parking to reserve at registration time (contract price 30€ from Friday 16 2 PM to Friday 23 9 AM)

Before you enter the park, the long stay parking sticker (included in the riders' documents) must be visibly placed in the lower left-hand corner of the windscreen.

« Reply #16 on: 06 August, 2019, 01:59:45 pm »
In 2015, you received your parking permit for the underground car park in the town when you received your documents at registration. But, this caused a problem, where do you park beforehand? So, I parked in the underground car park and got a ticket from the machine as I drove into it and would pay on exit no doubt, if I could read and understand what it said in French on the machine to be able to work it. But, everything sorted itself out, the pass that was issued was for the machine in the car park and it worked with no payment apart for the initial layout of 2 Euro's for the week so I was able to just come and go as I pleased. As Chris Crossland says about PBP  "Don't worry about it, everything sorts itself out"

Parking no doubt at Rambouillet will be no different no doubt, somewhere temporary initially by showing your rider number, get your documents and then park in the proper place or just return to the temporary place and stick your pass in the windscreen.