Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 03:05:19 pm »
And remarkably, last night around 10 the hedgehog was seen 100ft away from before - this time only 15ft from our back door. Put down some cat food but evidence suggests the cat ate it! Will try again tonight with some of her least favourite food (contains liver).
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 02:48:43 pm »
Jazz is like watching someone watch themself wanking.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:41:49 pm »
Stopped to take a pic on ride today but the camera shut down as soon as I zoomed despite my having charged the battery recently.  Apparently a steady light on the charger doesn't mean 'charged' but 'charging'. :facepalm:
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:37:56 pm »
At last, a ride that was (a) dry, (b) without back pain and (c) without (muted cheers) angina, no matter how hard I tried.  Unfortunately it was also rubbery-legged since rain and nursing my back meant that I had hardly moved all week.  Just 50k via nearest decent patisserie, with disagreeable NW wind and they'd sold out of choc chip cookies before I got there.

Nice: Could see rain falling in distance but I got home 15 minutes before it reached here.
The Sporting Life / Re: Southend Football
« Last post by Peter on Today at 02:36:09 pm »
And so it proved:  A fine last game of the season win for Rochdale, including a late run out for Ian Henderson, 39.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by Steph on Today at 02:26:54 pm »
When at home, R3 is my constant background. It USED to be Breakfast--Essential Classics-Composer of the week. As Andrew says, all moved. Not good.

I keep hearing jazz or chral evensong.

Just no.
My take home pay as a newly qualified teacher in 1975 was just short of £130 a month.
And in 1969, it was £69/month, and that included extra for having a degree and a PGCE!

My 1969 starting salary was around £50/month.
I'm at a cafe in Wisborough Green, with a bike loaded for camping. I'm parked next to a group of sleek, black, skinny tyred, underseat pack optional style bikes. I'm feeling quite out of place, but ready for this tea!

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:15:04 pm »
Babylon. Good God, really?  The music was good, though.
No idea. There are not many decent quality V-brakes made nowadays.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10