Author Topic: Mens time trial  (Read 9137 times)

Mens time trial
« on: 01 August, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »
Oh dear, Brazilian skin suit with a broken zip and then held together with safety pins.
The Brazilian team kit seems pretty sloppy after watching their woman cyclist riding the road roace in the floppiest top I've ever seen in pro level racing outside of BMX.

AndyK

Re: Mens time trial
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »
I see Dark Helmet has got out the orange paint and is competing for Sweden. And New Zealand are hoping their man comes in at under 24 hours...

« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2012, 03:04:41 pm »
Oh that was a bugger for Luis León Sánchez, his chain breaking as he pulled out of the start. :o :(
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2012, 03:05:21 pm »
I see Dark Helmet has got out the orange paint and is competing for Sweden. And New Zealand are hoping their man comes in at under 24 hours...

That's long been the style for speed skiing.

I did wonder about approaching Bauer for the Mersey Roads 24.

« Reply #4 on: 01 August, 2012, 03:53:02 pm »
So Chris Froome is currently in first place, although it's likely that he'll drop down at least one place to Wiggo!

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:00:48 pm »
Congrats to the Brits (through gritted teeth)

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #6 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:03:32 pm »
Just heard the result!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #7 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

(Chris will be cutting the 'burns off!)

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #8 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:07:34 pm »
Nominee for GOAT

"seventh Olympic medal and his fourth gold"

« Reply #9 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »
Unbelievable! A time trial grips the nation. A British rider sets their stall out and wins the Tour de France and Olympic Gold within 10 days. Nice ride from Martin, and thanks to Cancellara, his absence would have diminished Brad's victory, I could see the ice pack on his shoulder at the start, gutsy ride.

« Reply #10 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:19:25 pm »
awesome ride by both men.  With that and the womens pair this morning am sat at my desk, slightly tearful...

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #11 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:22:35 pm »
I predict that thanks to Mr Bwiggins, riding up and down a DC at silly'o'clock on a Saturday morning in a funny hat will ascend new heights as a national pastime. 

We can but dream.

« Reply #12 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:29:49 pm »
Is it me or are the medals bigger this year?
Working my way up to inferior.

AndyK

« Reply #13 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:31:08 pm »
Wiggins was in a different class. I really felt for Cancellara and also for Luis Leon Sanchez with a snapped chain on the start and then a puncture.

« Reply #14 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »
Is it me or are the medals bigger this year?

The current ones are 85mm in diameter, which is the widest medal ever.  The next widest was 1992, where they were 70mm in diameter.  The smallest were in 1908, also London, where they were 33mm in diameter.

« Reply #15 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:39:22 pm »
Half of the top 6 places were occupied by riders from the winning Sky team from the Tour.

Crimewatch would like to know if you've seen these men. They're wanted in connection with stealing cycling from the rest of the world.

« Reply #16 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:46:47 pm »
Well, that was freakin' awesome.  8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8) :D :thumbsup: 8)

Chapeau to Cancellara for having a go, given the state he was in after body-slamming the barriers at the weekend.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #17 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:53:50 pm »
The roadside crowds were enormous,larger than the Queen might get :thumbsup:

Wiggo is so  8) looking,literally.

« Reply #18 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »
Half of the top 6 places were occupied by riders from the winning Sky team from the Tour.

Crimewatch would like to know if you've seen these men. They're wanted in connection with stealing cycling from the rest of the world.

You missed the fourth photo of Uran who took the road race silver!!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #19 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:03:41 pm »
Loads of kids in Bushy Park with facepainted sideburns.
Getting there...

« Reply #20 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »
Loads of kids in Bushy Park with facepainted sideburns.

It'll take a bit longer to really concentrate, and force those hairs out, for the genuine Wiggo look. ;D

« Reply #21 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:04:42 pm »

You missed the fourth photo of Uran who took the road race silver!!

He wasn't in the Tour team, but James Murdoch has to be happy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jul/23/james-murdoch-sky-tour-de-france

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #22 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:19:10 pm »
Just watched it on NBC aka #NBCfail no what so ever info about the other riders. How is the coverage in the UK, looked like that wiggo didn't know either, crap.

Back to the race it was fecking brilliant \o/
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

slohill

• still at it
« Reply #23 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:20:10 pm »
It is amazing that SKy don't broadcast cycling on their sports channels  ???
Organiser of  Tour of the Berwyns 200k and Panorama Prospect 130k; Saturday May 20 2023

« Reply #24 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:23:26 pm »
Just watched it on NBC aka #NBCfail no what so ever info about the other riders. How is the coverage in the UK, looked like that wiggo didn't know either, crap.

Back to the race it was fecking brilliant \o/

It seemed to me that Wiggins was being respectful to Cancellara in not celebrating before he came in.
The best bit for me was seeing Martin and Wiggins leant up against the barriers, sat on the tarmac getting some shade, and Wiggins embracing Martin, that could have been a scene from any open TT.
The fact that the whole spectacle was free was also a cause for celebration.