General Category > Velo Fixe

Wiiiiiiiiiiide

(1/4) > >>

ravenbait:
Just ordered a set of 52cm handlebars for my fixed Il Pompino and haven't been this excited since I ordered the aero extensions that ate the real estate on the midge bars currently fitted.

(I really like those midge bars.)

Sam

fd3:
That’s some seriously wide.  Not at all my cuppatea (but then I don’t drink tea).

Socks:
Apparently UCI have a maximum width limit for handlebars in pro racing.  Which has a knock on effect in cycling equipment for us mere mortals.  And might explain why wide bars can be hard to find.

(click to show/hide)And don't mention recumbents ....

Ian H:
The crucifixion position*  ;)

*A phrase from a tandem stoker who disliked very wide bars to clear the pilot's hips.

ravenbait:
I love my midge bars, but I added some Profile Legacy extensions to them for when it gets windy and also because my back has issues and it's nice to have a change of position. While the midge bars flare to 55cm, the top's only 33cm, so there's no room left for hands, lights, anything really.

The Pacific North West Coast bars are overall slightly narrower than the midge, but have much less flare and a similar drop, More room for the aero extensions and my hands. It will be interesting to compare them.

Sam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version